Chapter 11: Count Down To blast Off

Flower Land was supposed to be a fun place, but now the only thing this theme park contain was worn-down roller coaster tracks and movie sets in the background. Various exploding boxes are scattered throughout various areas of the stage that would detonate if triggered a red laser beam or destroy them with fire/explosive based weapons. Exploding robots known as Shimobey also drop from above and try to attack with a diving kick. 

Seeing the ruined remains of a theme park and movie studio hybrid that Blast Man was somewhere. He has shaped the park into his personal playground. Adding several personal touches, including a number of signs featuring himself as the star of "Blast Man Adventure".

~***~

Twilight: Blast Man is a pyrotechnician (or in his words, an explosion artist) developed by the B.B. Bomb Company who designs the explosive effects for movies and theme parks. He can provide any explosion the client needs, from cataclysmic blasts to shy little bangs. At the time of the Wily incident, he was working on a new explosion-themed attraction for the theme park "Flower Land." In his spare time, he writes a column for his favorite magazine, Boom Monthly. There's not a month goes by that his explosive opinions don't blow the pages to bits.

~***~

Mega Man stood across from a destroyed rollercoaster as Blast Man makes an explosive entrance.

Blast Man: I've got a pretty short fuse. 

Mega Man: To short to be not destroying things.

Blast Man: What's wrong? Don't be a dud.

Mega Man: Let's just get this over with.

Blast Man: Couldn't say it better myself. Time to begin the countdown!

Using Blazing Torch, Mega Man was able to destroy all of Blast Man's explosives without going near them. The fight consisted of him hopping around while slinging explosives everywhere in his attempt to destroy Mega Man. He usually alternates between lobbing several bombs in an arc while standing still and jumping high up to chuck bombs downward. Sometimes he'll also jump around and hurl a bomb right at him, kind of like Bomb Man. Occasionally he would used his Special Weapon, Chain Blast, to spawn four floating bombs which will gravitate towards Mega Man and explode after a few seconds. 

With the Power Gear, the bombs increase in size and giving them greater explosive force while his attack patterns become more erratic. With the explosive Robot Master being weak towards flames, he was defeated with a fiery finish.

Blast Man: My last... BLAST!

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Chain Blast allows one to be able to throw bombs that float across, sticking to enemies along the way. Up to four bombs can be chained together and detonated at once to create bigger explosions that deal more damage. Mega Man can either blow up the explosives instantly by pressing Down + Attack or wait until the explosives detonate on their own.

While the Power Gear is in effect, Mega Man is able to create much larger bombs than usual, which produce the maximum explosion size and damage by default. In Power Gear mode, they do not lock onto enemies and do not tether together to create a bigger explosion.

 In Power Gear mode, they do not lock onto enemies and do not tether together to create a bigger explosion