Chapter 3: A Short Lived Happiness

Y/N POV:

Time went on, and it was now time to decide what we wanted to do with our lives in school. I had learned how to control my quirk now, but I wasn't even close to the level that 'nii-san' was at.

"I'm supposed to be handing out these career forms today, but why bother? After all, all of you want to be heroes!"

Everyone activated their quirks and were cheering while I was thinking about what I was going to do with my life.

'Hm...hero huh? Bakugo said to be better than the people around me, so I guess that means that I should try to become a he-'

"Teach! You forgot that Crona's gonna turn out as a villain!"

Some of them snickered while others became scared when hearing this. When I heard it I felt like my eyes went dull, and everything turned off again.

'That's right...I'm supposed to be the villain in their stories...'

"Who gives a crap about what other people think?!"

When I remembered this line it seemed as though life turned on again inside of me, and I stood up with a confident look on my face.

"I'm going to become a hero. A hero far better than any of you can possibly dream of becoming!"

All of them seemed both shocked and surprised by this. Most likely because that was the first time that I had ever looked confident and yelled. It was also the first time that I spoke to anyone other than the teacher during class time.

After announcing that aloud I had officially confirmed what I was going to do with my life. I saw a flicker of a shocked 'nii-san' appear in the corner of the class before disappearing again.

~Mini Time Skip~

It was now after school, and I have decided to look into schools for aspiring heroes. When I came across UA my eyes widened in excitement.

I knew right away that this was the school that I wanted to go to. There was another school that had caught my eye even more, but when I saw their uniform I had to pass. Those kind of hats just don't look good on me, and so I simply couldn't go there.

Thankfully for me, UA doesn't require me to spend money if I get a scholarship or get first in the entrance exams. There was also financial aid for people with different situations and backgrounds.

I say thankfully because I am at the top of my class, and I can see the entrance exam being fairly easy too. If anything I can simply freeze time and cheat if needed.

Speaking of freezing time. A certain someone has frozen me in time right now, and so now I am currently looking up at them with a confused look on my face.

I was about to ask what they were doing when I saw for the first time a cold and icy glare on their face. It was similar to the ones that everyone else would give me, and was one that I had hoped that I'd never see on their face.

"Taishi?" ('nii-san's' name. Found out in the time they were training together)

It looked like a small pang hit his heart when he heard me, but in the next moment he appeared in front of me with some rope.

"I'm...sorry. You just...you weren't supposed to want to be a hero. You can't become one..."

I felt like my heart was torn in two when I heard this. The one person that was kind enough to teach me and talk to me like a normal person. That one person has now become like everyone else...