Chapter 15

Chairman: Dear Director, please do not attempt to recast this investigation as some type of personal vendetta. Our questions to this point have been fairly standard, your reactions have not. As such, we have secured all your records and logs by the authority granted us by the UNSC. Now we shall see exactly what it is, that you have to hide.

The Reds and Blues, along with the Freelancers arrived in one of the posts within Freelancer HQ.

Washington: Alright, we got in, but that's only part of our mission, so no celebrating yet.

Grif: Aw shit, and I was gonna be in charge of confetti.

Ruby: I wanted to do the music. . .

Washington: We still need to reach the A.I. storage facility. Security's tight since the Freelancers tried to break in here.

Church: You mean when they tried to steal the Alpha before?

South: Yeah, that was one hell of a day.

Grif: The Freelancers tried to break into their own command facility? That's dumb.

Simmons: That's what we're doing right now, you jackass!

Grif: So? Just because we do something doesn't make it smart.

Simmons: *sighs* Tell me about it.

Delta: My sensors indicate that patrols are increasing by the minute.

Sarge: Well ain't that just great.

Washington: I have the necessary clearance to get close to the storage hall. The plan is, I'll take Church as a prisoner. If I take more than one of you, it won't be believable.

Ruby's eyes narrowed. . . . Wash is a trained agent, taking two wouldn't unbelievable.

Caboose: Agent Washington, I want you to take me instead.

Church: What're you talking about?

Caboose: I will be your prisoner. Let Church go. He doesn't have anything to do with this!

Church: Caboose, I'm not actually going to be a prisoner, I'm just gonna pose as one so we can get past-

Caboose: Have a good life Church. Don't worry, I won't tell them anything. They won't get any information out of me. Now matter how nicely they ask.

Church: Oh my god, just shut up.

Sarge: Sacrificing himself for his CO, what a good soldier. Why can't you two be more like him?

Grif: What, brain dead?

Simmons: I would sacrifice Grif for you sir.

Sarge: I know you would Simmons, but it's just not the same thing.

Simmons: No but seriously, I would. Just give me the word. I'll do it right fucking now, let's go!

Ruby: No one is sacrificing anyone, understood?

Simmons: Y-Yes ma'am!

Grif: Thanks. Anyways-

He looked at Wash.

Girf: -why're you taking Church? What about the rest of us?

Delta: Agent Washington is going to be infiltrating seven levels of armed checkpoints, in order to remain undetected, lower numbers are key.

Caboose: No, memory is the key.

Washington: The rest of you, hole up and wait for us to finish. Delta, I want you to stay here and keep an eye on them.