chapter 8: d-53

"My greatest fear was not forgetting -
my greatest fear was forgetting you."

<Memory - Ben>

"Kim Taehyung!"

Taehyung was heading back to his ward when he heard someone calling his name from behind. As he turned around, he saw a cute-looking young lady with long black hair approaching him with a worried look on her face. Taehyung had no idea why, but for some reason, he couldn't stop staring at her. But now Taehyung was puzzled. How did she know his name?

Taehyung took a step back. "Sorry, do I know you...?"

"Kim Taehyung, please listen to me."

"I don't know who you are-" Taehyung insisted as he took a step back, away from the girl. "Who on earth are you? And how do you even know my name?"

"Taehyung-ah-" The girl furrowed her eyebrows, fiddling with her hands in front of her. "I know you're mad at me, but please- please just hear me out-"

"Who the hell are you?" Taehyung was starting to freak out. "I literally have no idea who you are, why are you acting like this?"

"Look-" Tears welled up in the girl's eyes as she took a step closer to Taehyung, only causing him to take a step back. "Taehyung-ah, you know, I'm really sorry about what happened that day-"

"What happened-" Taehyung frowned, appalled by the young lady's behaviour towards him. "Which day? What are you even talking about? No, hold on- Who even are you?"

"How can you not know me?" The girl was starting to freak out as well, at this point. "We had something special. We... We're friends. How can you not know me? You can get mad at me, you can yell at me, but please don't pretend you don't know me... that hurts the most, Taehyung-ah."

"But who are you?" Taehyung asked for the twentieth time. "I really have no idea! I'm not even pretending."

"Kim Taehyung-" The girl swallowed hard as she looked into Taehyung's eyes. "How can you not know me? I- I'm- I'm Kim Jisoo."

Taehyung let that name sit in for a while.

"Kim Jisoo...?" Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows as he shook his head profusely. "I have absolutely no idea who that is."

"No-" Jisoo refused to accept that as an answer as she shook her head in denial, her voice quivering as she spoke. "Y-You're lying."

"I'm not lying! I literally have no idea who you are-" Taehyung shook his head again, taking a wary step away from this weird girl. "How could you possibly know me when I have no idea who you are...?"

There was pain in Jisoo's voice. "Y-You really don't know who I am?"

Taehyung shook his head. "I- I... really don't."

"The name Kim Jisoo..." Jisoo was seriously hurt and confused at this point. "It really doesn't ring a bell in your mind...?"

Taehyung thought for a while, before shaking his head firmly. "No, it doesn't."

Jisoo was at the verge of tears. "What about- What about... Kim Jisun? You called me Kim Jisun that day, do you at least-"