chapter 16: d-0

"It's hard to forget someone who
gave me so much to remember."

<Memory - Ben>

"It's a miracle!" Dr Min burst into the ward. "The tumour has miraculously disappeared."

Jisoo looked up at Dr Min in disbelief as she jumped to her feet. "Wait... really?"

"Yes!" Dr Min gestured towards Taehyung who was standing by his bed, already changing back into his regular clothes. "Look at him! All healthy and ready to be discharged."

"Taehyung-ah!" Jisoo ran into Taehyung's arms, closing her eyes and hugging him tight. "Finally... I can hold you..."

"Jisoo-ya-" Taehyung pulled away, looking down at Jisoo with happy tears in his eyes. "Thank you... Thank you for staying by my side... I will never let go of you from now."

"Me too!" Jisoo giggled as she squeezed Taehyung's hand tightly in hers. "Thank you, Kim Taehyung - thank you for being alright. I cannot believe this... Everything feels so unreal, almost as if it is a dream."

Taehyung pulled away once more, brushing away a strand of hair from Jisoo's face and caressing her face gently. He smiled at her, but there were tears in his eyes.

"Silly, that's because... it is."

"Jisoo-ya!" Jisoo could hear someone calling her name behind her. "Kim Jisoo!"

"No, Taehyung-ah-" Jisoo grabbed onto Taehyung's hand desperately. "No, don't leave me-"

Taehyung shook his head, cupping her face as he looked directly into Jisoo's eyes. The smile on his lips slowly faded away, as tears began to roll down his cheeks. He nodded firmly as he began drifting further and further away from her, out of her reach.

"Taehyung-ah!" Jisoo grasped at the air before her. "Kim Taehyung, you said you wouldn't ever let go of me- Taehyung-ah, don't go! Please!"

"Kim Jisoo! Wake up!"

Jisoo was sobbing uncontrollably, like a child in a toy store who just had the toy she was promised snatched away from her.

"Please, don't leave me!" Jisoo yelled frantically, as she tried to reach out for Taehyung, who was slowly fading into the distance. "Make it stop... Someone, please - please help me... Please make it stop..."

Then Jisoo felt a pair of hands grab hold of her outstretched arms.

"Jisoo-ya, wake up!"

Jisoo woke up abruptly, still seated outside the ward with a blanket thrown over her. She glanced up to see who held her hands, only to see Seokjin looking down at her with sorrowful tears in his eyes.

"Jisoo-ya, what happened?" Seokjin pursed his lips as he stroked Jisoo's hair gently. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Jisoo, whose face was wet with tears, fell into Seokjin's arms - tears pouring down her face. "Oppa... I dreamt that... I dreamt that Taehyung... Taehyung- he-"

"He...?"

"He-" Jisoo was choking on her tears too much to even complete her sentence. "H- He left me, oppa. He left me again..."