epilogue 1: d+1816

<5 years later>

"Kim daepyo, could you spare me some time?"

Jisoo, who was packing up her laptop, looked up at the man sitting across her at the café table. "Sorry?"

"If you're free, that is."

Jisoo furrowed her eyebrows. "Right now?"

"I mean-" The man cleared his throat, as he adjusted his suit a little and he sat up straight in his chair. "Since we're done for today, I was just wondering if you're available after this so I could give you a treat. It can be dinner or just a couple of drinks - whatever you'd like, Kim daepyo."

"Ah-" Jisoo let out an awkward chuckle as she looked down at her watch. "Well... about that..."

"It's okay if you don't have time today!" Jisoo's business partner continued, as he shifted nervously in his seat. "Some other day is fine too - I just wanted to thank you for the past few months, you know. Because, well, firstly, it has been such a pleasure working with you and your company-"

"Oh, if that's the case-" Jisoo laughed as she shook her head, continuing to pack her belongings into her bag. "There's no need, Lee daepyo. It definitely has been a pleasure working with you too, so we're even - there's no need to give me a treat."

"Please, I insist."

"Please don't insist-" Jisoo looked up at him and smiled politely. "I'd feel burdened."

"In that case..." Lee daepyo continued, completely not getting the hint. "What about grabbing dinner, but... not as business partners?"

"Huh?"

Lee daepyo cleared his throat loudly. "After working with you for the past few months... I have come to realise that you're a great person, Kim daepyo."

Ah.

"I think we really click very well," he continued, unaware that Jisoo clearly wasn't into it. "So.. I hope this isn't weird... but I'm interested in getting to know you more... Jisoo-ssi."

"Um, yeah-" Jisoo scrunched her face. "Thank you for this, but yes - I'm afraid that it is indeed a little weird... Lee daepyo-nim."

"Why?" Lee daepyo frowned. "Our business deal is over - I don't see anything wrong with it."

"Um... well-" Jisoo slung her bag over her shoulder, tapping her fingers nervously on the table. "You see, Lee daepyo-"

"Kim daepyo!"

Jisoo heaved a sigh of relief at the sound of the familiar voice behind her.

"Oh, my ride is here-" Jisoo glanced briefly at the door, before scrambling to her feet at once. "Thank you for your time today, Lee daepyo. I'll take my leave first."

"Who is that?" Lee daepyo frowned as he glanced at the man standing by the door. "Jisoo-ssi, is he... Is he perhaps... your boyfriend?"

"It's 'Kim daepyo' for you," Jisoo corrected, before deciding to avoid the question completely. "This is my own personal life, Lee daepyo. I personally like to keep all my business relationships purely business, and I hope you understand that. I'll take my leave now - have a nice day... Lee daepyo-nim."