Chapter 11

Hope entered Wu Xie's heart when he heard that Xiu Xiu can help Qiling until the doctors would come. " I have a safe house around 30 minutes drive from here and is fully stocked"

"Can you make it there in ten minutes?"

Wu Xie nodded. Yes, he can do it, if he drives like crazy and ignores all the stops and speed limit.

" Good"

Wu Xie stood up and lifted Qiling too, with one arm behind his knees and the other under his shoulders. He carried Qiling out from the building and he lowered him in the backseat, of the car he stolen from him. He climbed in the driver seat and Xiu Xiu in the passage seat. They would go together and the other would follow in XiaoHua car, at a more normal pace.

================================================================================

True to his words, he had driven like crazy and he had arrived at the safe house in ten minutes. He threw Xiu Xiu the key of the house and he got out from the car after her, with Qiling in his arms. Once inside she removed everything from the living room table and Wu Xie lowered Qiling on it. 

" Bring me the medkit and a lighter and knife," She said as she grabbed her friend's wrist and monitored his pulse. Seconds later Wu Xie returned with what she asked. 

It wasn't something that she had done before. But she had learned enough from her cousin about medical procedures to know how to remove a bullet with only the bare minimum.

She removed the whole shirt and used it to press down on the wound until the bleeding had slowed down enough. Taking in a deep breath she warmed the knife with the lighter before she used it to dig in for the bullet. 

Even though, he had killed dozen of people.in some gruesome methods, right now as he was watching Xiu Xiu digging the small knife in the wound for the small bullet, get was feeling sick. He covered his mouth and turned around. 

He can't stay there. So he walked outside. Not like Xiu Xiu needed help. She was the only one qualified enough to take care of Qiling.

=============================================================================

Several minutes later the others arrived as well. " How's going inside?" XiaZi asked ." Is he dead?" Even though the man had meant it as a joke, Wu Xie was still scared that it would come to be true. 

XiaoHua glared at his bodyguard and hit him upside his head. " Ignore him. How are the things?"

Wu Xie shook his head. " I don't know. I couldn't watch it and I got out."

Fatty walked in the house with the promise that he would keep them update. He hadn't walked out from the house, until Xiu Xiu hadn't either, one hour later.

Wu Xie stood up from the stair he was sitting and he looked at his two friends. Fatty was a little pale but relatively alright. But Xiu Xiu was worse. She was too pale and bloody and tired. " He's stable for now. Fatty called an ambulance and they would be here soon. I took the bullet out and fixed the internal bleeding as much as possible, I wasn't able to fix the puncturing wound and his ribs. The infection was the easiest to treat. He is not out of the danger zone though. But he would live until he would receive proper medical care." She said with a sigh.

================================================================================

From there everything had passed like a blur. He had stayed with Qiling until the ambulance had come and even inside of it. In the waiting room, he had paced back and forth and if his friends had found it annoying, they didn't mention it. 

3 hours later, a doctor.  A middle-aged woman walked at them with a smile. " He would be fine. Everything had gone well in the surgery and now he's resting in his room. Can I know who paced him before the ambulance had come?'

" That was me?" Xiu Xiu said as she stood up. " Why? Did I do something wrong?"

The woman shook her head and smiled. " On the contrary miss. You saved that young man's life. Without your doings, he would have been long dead. We can really use someone like you here"

Xiu Xiu smiled relieved and she bowed. " I will keep it in mind. Thank you".

After the woman had told them where Qiling's room was, they went to him. The others only spent around 2 hours there before they were kicked out by Wu Xie who said that he wanted to be with him alone. 

The ex-assassin grabbed Qiling's wrist and he looked at him before he whispered. " I broke our promise. Would you still stay by my side?"

" Wu Xie" The young man turned as he heard the last person he had expected to hear. He had forgotten that he had texted Rishan and he had told him about his brother's condition. " What happened?"

" There was the Wang family. They tricked Qiling into pretending that they were Xiu Xiu to leave alone. By the time I got there, it was too late"

" Did you went alone?"

" I was helped by my friends"

" What happened with the people that took him"

" I killed them", he said emotionless.

==============================PRESENT TIME======================================

" What the hell are you talking about? What promise?" Rishan asked glaring at the psychopath. He wants him away from his brother as soon as possible. He can't believe that he hadn't been cautious enough to check him out before he had hired him. 

" That if he stays by my side , I will stop killing"

" But you broke your promise."

" So did you. Don't be so surprised or confused. You know very well what I am talking about. Do you really think that I will not fully check the backstories of the people I'm working for? I know that you promised your brother when you two were younger, that you would always be there for your brother and you won't let work affect you as it did to your father. But you broke your promise. I killed someone. Yes. But I did it to protect Qiling. You are a workaholic, and Qiling isn't even passioned about your family business. So don't try that you are doing it for him. Because you are not. You are doing it for yourself. Because if you would have cared enough about your brother, you would think twice before leaving for a month on that business trip. So before you can say anything, I suggest you leave before I call a nurse and security and tell them that you are distressing the patient." Wu Xie said with a glare and he pointed at the door. Man, he didn't know how much he had waited to say everything that he had said. He had waited before, hoping that the older man would change. But no such a thing. " From now one I will be the one that would see of Qiling and his well being"

Rishan left the room without any word and Wu Xie closed the door after him, after that he returned where Qiling was and he was surprised to see him awake.