Chapter 4

Noone. hurts. his. brother, and gets away with it.

Noone.

So Claude, blinded by his burning, furious rage, the deafening, buzzing static sounds inside his head, started emitting a cold, paralyzing aura around himself, making the woman freeze to the ground, unable to move her body out of the way of the incoming hit of the sabre, taking a direct hit, a merciless stab to her chest.

Joseph blinked at her falling form, clear disbelief written on his face.

"Are you stupid? You are supposed to run. Why did you not move aside?"

The girl just sneered at the Frenchman, gritting her teeth together as she was lifted up, after being tied tightly to the balloons.

"I couldn't move! You disgusting cheater!"

"Pardon me. Did you just accuse me of cheating, or are my ears deceiving me?"

"You heard that right! There is no way I would just stand there waiting for you to strike! You must have done something to me!" Joseph frowned at the girl, confusion flashing through his expression for a moment, just to disappear as fast as it appeared. He raised an elegant eyebrow up, clicking his tongue in annoyance.

"I didn't do anything to you, little girl. Don't blame me for your mistakes," shaking his head slightly, he placed the woman into one of those red chairs from before. Unlike previously with the colourless version of that man, Joseph was less careless, even though he still wasn't exactly gentle with his movements.

"Liar." she breathed out, her face morphing into a painful grimace as she was sat down.

"Why do I even care about your opinion?" Joseph seemed to be asking himself, as he shook his head again, before walking to a camera not too far away from the chair. There was a clicking sound as a new picture was taken, this time, however, he didn't go to the other side. Flipping a strange-looking, golden thing in his right hand, that strongly resembled the sun symbol on his forehead, that Claude saw on the other side, he started to walk away from the chaired woman. Floating curiously after him, Claude noticed the man with a mole on his face slowly getting closer to them, successfully gaining his brother's attention, who started to chase after him. Though he didn't stop flipping the sun-card in his hands while doing so.

'I wonder what will happen now,' to be honest, he was still a little angry at the girl on the chair. That shot could have killed his brother.

No.

It should have killed him.

Don't get him wrong, he was very glad and relieved that Joseph was alright. He just didn't understand how. This is not how this was supposed to work. If you get shot in the face, you die. There was very little chance of surviving it. Even less, if not impossible, of getting away with little to no wound.

And yet.

Yet his brother stood there, with a slight grimace on his face, his lips pressed tightly together in clear annoyance, but otherwise unharmed.

There was no wound, not a drop of blood, nor any bruise on his face.

It was like nothing happened like he wasn't just shot in the head by a bullet no longer than a few minutes before.

'What kind of mess did you just get yourself into, Joseph?'

His thoughts were interrupted by a sudden sound, as his brother just puffed out of existence, only to reappear before the chair the very next moment, just in time to hit the doctor in the back with the sabre, while she was attempting to rescue the person in it.