Chapter 11

To say that Aesop was irritated would be a mild understatement. 

But who would blame him, seriously? He was inside a match and for some reason, his teammates decided that decoding was not their concern, leaving Aesop to finish all five ciphers on his own. Which, of course, took way more time than he would have liked to. To be honest, Aesop kinda wished Photographer would play seriously. That way at least he wouldn't have to suffer alone, and if what people claimed of the said hunter was true, then the game would be over pretty quickly. 

He also wanted to see his performance for himself, because honestly, it was a little hard to imagine that pretty french man to be the ruthless menace Aesop thought the hunter would be. Well. According to the rumours, that he heard of him. 

He wanted to see him in action, damnit. He wanted to see how he would use his skills and that pretty sabre, how he would carry himself while he was hunting them. How he would act while hunting him. Would he grow frustrated after failing to take hits, to catch him? Would he carry himself in such elegance Aesop saw him move with not too long ago? What expression would be on that beautiful, gorgeous face?
Aesop wanted to know it all. 

But he couldn't have that now. Not when said hunter refused to take his job seriously and decided it would be better to play nice and babysit his teammates, while him, Aesop had to do all the work all alone. 

Seriously. What were they even thinking?

Gritting his teeth in his frustration, Aesop finished the third cipher machine of the match, marching to the other side of the map, trying to find another one he could work on, preferably far away from the others. He didn't want to be disturbed by them after all. 

Though it might have been better to be found by one of his teammates than the ghost that seemed to find him, slightly perking his head up as he noticed him decoding that machine, floating closer and closer, disturbing his peace. Again.
Aesop wondered why he couldn't just leave him alone. Seriously. He should leave him alone. 

He didn't give the boy any reason to stick around, so why? Just why can't he just leave?

'It's not fair. They are having fun, laughing, playing in the snow, and we are here all alone.'  the ghost sounded distressed, as he floated closer to Aesop, making him flinch slightly back. Did he not know what personal space was?

Though, looking at his young face wearing that ugly, pitiful expression, he couldn't help feeling a little bit of sympathy for the boy. He seemed... lonely? Or something like that. Well, he guessed being a ghost with only a handful of people being able to communicate with you would make that to you, though Aesop would gladly switch places with him any time. He would do anything just to have one peaceful, undisturbed day, without the need to handle all those lively people in the manor.

Well. Or people in general.

Anyways, feeling slightly bad for ignoring the boy, Aesop tried to focus his attention on the machine before him, thinking that if he ignored the other, he would eventually get bored and would leave to find something better to do. 

Oh, how wrong he was. 

'You must be quite lonely too, hm? I know the feeling. Before the Feaster, I was completely alone too. You know. Being surrounded by so many people, but not being able to interact with them at all. Silently watching them from the sidelines.'

...Well. Aesop couldn't really say that he didn't feel loneliness from time to time. Because yes, he might have liked being alone and enjoyed the peaceful silence of his room, but sometimes he truly wished he would have someone to trust and cherish. Someone he could rely on, someone that would help him escape the darkness of his own mind. Or just to be there for him when he needed them the most. A person who wouldn't judge him for all the sins he was carrying deep inside.