Day 17: Someone From My Childhood

To Eli,

You've changed. I guess I have, too, but you used to be the sweetest person ever. Especially sweet to me. Now you act like I hardly exist, and I barely see you. I've gone through a lot of pain, the worst being Chris, but the pain I feel from losing the friendship we had is almost as unbearable. You were like my brother, and maybe, just maybe, I was at a point in my life where I liked you as something more. All that's changed now. You've changed. You've evolved into something that I don't even recognize as the little boy with the wild hair I love so much. I miss that little boy. I really do, but I guess he's just a piece of the past, a piece of my childhood.

It's partly my fault we aren't close anymore. I was going through something, I'm still going through something, and I pushed you away. Now I'm regretting that I pushed you too far. I'm sorry, and if it's as hard for you as it is me, I'm extremely sorry. I miss you.

It's hard when I hear how you've moved on, how you have a whole group of friend that help you forget about me. It sucks, and sometimes I just want to cry because of it. I won't, though, because I know that there are a million worse things in the world I could cry about.

It isn't all bad, though. I still have the memories, our memories, that can make me laugh no matter where I am. I'll always love you, and I'll always have a place in my heart for the boy with the wild hair that touched my soul.

Love,

Mindy