Day 1- My Best Friend

Dear Zoe,

We've had some amazing times together. Playing The Game of Life until 2 in the morning, staying up FOREVER to watch twilight movies 100 thousand times, (still upset about those movies) making a fake spaceship out of a gigantic cardboard box, watching Criminal Minds and Celebrity Ghost Stories together, hiding under the covers because we scared ourselves after watching A Haunting, swimming in the pool while it was raining (even though your mom told us not to), seeing the play Grease, getting massive sunburns because we swam ALL day, you beating me at basketball, you becoming great friends with my crazy aunt, the two of us and some of your friends walking down the street in our bathing suits (just so we could go play in water), watching the Olympics with your parents, seeing a friend of mine drop my dog when he was just a puppy, me waking up in the morning and the first thing I hear is you screaming at me that my aunt just had her baby, laughing at the interesting lady across the street that was sweeping the side of her house with a broomstick, seeing Soul Surfer late at night with my insane sister, the one time I saw you wear make-up, joking with Mona and your mom, making monkey bread, me pretending my Barbie was drunk when we were younger, always listening to your odd yet sweet obsession with Dirk Nowitzki, pretending we were vampires long ago, playing card games with your mom, me being forced to have my food coughed on by your weirdo grandfather, hanging out in the nursing home with your aunt, looking at iFunny together and cracking up, me bothering you about how amazing Josh Hutcherson is (yummm), hanging out on your front porch and just catching up with each other, you experiencing how chaotic my dad's house is, you texting me and asking for horses ;), you being excited about finally getting to eat popcorn after the wonderful removal of your braces, naming Papa "Crusty", babysitting a couple of strange kids together, and even hunting for your runaway dog at 11 o' click at night were all times I will never forget.

Even though we have different interests, me wanting to be an author and how I'm already a huge band nerd, you with your choir and love of sports, I think you are probably the most loyal friend I have. I also want to apologize for every horrible thing I'd ever done or said to you. Some of the other people I know will be my best friend when no one else is around, but the second another person comes around, I'm left in the dust. Most of my "friends" wouldn't even notice if I missed school for a week.

Not with you. You're extremely smart, funny, ambitious, nice, polite, athletic, and a spectacular friend. I know you go to school in a town 15 miles away, but we hardly visit each other, and I think it brings us closer. When we finally do see each other, we are almost speechless at first, and I know I can't wait for a hug. You're awesome, and I hope that even in four years when we graduate, we can still be in touch or even go to the same school.

I hope my long ungrammatical paragraph of my favorite memories with you made you laugh.

Your Mom's Favorite, >_<

- Mindy