[9] ➥ 𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐡

tw : blood, bombs, death

slight spoilers for season 4
[ the deaths in this chapter are not how the character(s) died in the anime/manga ]

---

today was the day of the carnival.

you were recovered and well. you were a bit sad because of yelena leaving and you and pieck being broken up. you were having second thoughts of going to the carnival. but you knew that the kids would want to go, so you chose to go.

you were in your room, looking out the window. you heard a small knock on your door and looked behind you. it was falco.

"y/n ? do you mind ?"
"no no, not at all. you can sit there."

you said as you pointed at the chair next to your bed.

"what did you need, falco ?"
"you are still going to the carnival, right ?"
"yes, of course ! why would you think i wouldn't ?"
"well you know, pieck's coming. and i know you might feel weird or uncomfortable being around her after you guys. you know ? broke up."
"falco, that's very sweet of you to care. i'm coming because i want you guys to have fun. don't worry about me."
"are you sure ?"
"positive."
"okay then. i'll get ready for the carnival, now. bye !!"
"bye falco."

you made a small smile at him while waving goodbye. you didn't want to give favouritism but falco was kind of your favourite. though he cared about inheriting the armor titan, he cared more about other people. unlike gabi. sort of.. you looked at the time and realized you had to start getting ready, too.

[ 15 : 34 ]

you were ready. you walked downstairs to the kitchen. you grabbed a fruit from a fruit bowl and took a bite out of it. to your surprise, someone stood next to you with an apple in their hand. you looked over to see pieck. she bit her apple and slowly chewed. you kept staring at her. while she was chewing her apple, she looked over at you. she looked confused and asked,

"what ? is there something on my face ?"
"huh ? oh uh, no. sorry."

you quickly looked forward and continued to eat your fruit. she moved her head a bit toward to get a better view of you, and tilted her head slightly.

"um, yes pieck ?"
"are you okay ?"
"yup. why ?"
"just wondering."

you looked back at pieck to see her struggling to hold her apple and her two crutches at the same time. you couldn't hold it in. you laughed a little bit and all her attention went to you. you stopped laughing and put your hand over your mouth. and then started to laugh again. she giggled too. you looked at her as she looked at you. you both just stared at each other for a few minutes. reality hit you both and you guys looked forward again and continued eating the pieces of fruit. pieck opened her mouth about to say something to you, until gabi walked in and said,

"IT'S TIME TO GO TO THE CARNIVAL GUYS !!"

you bit your fruit a few more times and walked off with gabi. pieck threw away the rest of her apple and followed.

as you all walked outside, you saw colour Ed streamers and balloons. and a bunch of carts full of freshly cooked food and other healthy stuff. the kids were practically drooling, excited to try new food and get their stomachs stuffed. all four of them ran to each cart as we followed them by walking. each cart stop, reiner spent at least over 10 dollars. he didn't even buy for himself. you saw him as he emptied his wallet just to buy the kids what they wanted. you looked in your pockets and found some spare cash. you saw reiner looking at cotton candy. you looked surprised that a big guy like him would somewhat be a softie. you walked next to him, and looked at the cashier. you pointed to the piece of cotton candy that reiner was looking at.

"one please !"
"y/n, what're you doing ?-"
"you need to eat something."
"but y/n i-"
"it's okay."

you smiled at him and put your hand over his shoulder. the cashier gave you the cotton candy and you gave him your money. you passed the cotton candy to reiner. he grabbed a piece and passed it to you.

"here."
"no no, reiner. this is for you."
"yeah, but you cared. take it."

you bit the inside of your lip and took it. you both smiled at each other and ate your pieces of cotton candy. you both then started to follow the kids until you heard a loud noise. everyone fell to the ground. you looked behind you to see dead bodies on the floor. your eyes widened as you screamed to everyone.

"BE CAREFUL !! THERE'S BOMBS !!"

people started running away from the direction where the bomb came from. you heard crying to your left to see udo crying with zofia under a chunk from a building. you were about to cry.

"WHAT HAPPENED TO ZOFIA ?!"
"THE BOMB BROKE OFF SOME PARTS OF THE BUILDING AND IT FELL ON HER !!"

udo kept crying. he tried to lift up the chunk but it was too heavy. you looked around to still see everyone running. they started running to udo's direction.

"UDO GET AWAY FROM ZOFIA !"
"NO."
"UDO YOU'RE GOING TO GET-"

those were your last words to him. udo got stepped on by over 30 people. there were even heel marks on him. tears were falling out of your eyes. you couldn't hear anything. everything was muffled. you couldn't even hear the screaming or the sound of explosions. someone tapped your back for you to come back to reality. it was pieck. you looked beside her to see that her crutches are broken.

"pieck your-"
"don't worry about it. me and porco and reiner are gonna fight them, okay ? you just keep the kids safe."
"but pieck, i need to help, too- wait. where did the bomb come from."
"behind us, why ?"
"dad."
"dad ? what do you me-"
"ZEKE. THE BOMB. THE HOUSE !"
"Y/N YOU CAN'T GO BACK ! AND ZEKE IS YOUR DAD ?!"
"PIECK I HAVE TO GO-"
"IT'S NOT SAFE !"
"PLEASE PIECK I'M BEGGING YOU."
...
"i will find him for you."

tears still running down you face, and you hugged pieck so so tight.

"please, be careful."
"i will."

you both nodded at each other. porco, reiner, and pieck ran behind you and you and the kids ran the opposite direction.

---

a/n :
thank you guys sososo much for 4K and close to 5K !! i'm very grateful. and i j wanted to say that the next chapter will be the last one :(( but there are more stories in my profile if you are okay with reading those. i hope you have a nice day and byebye<3

word count : 1154