Chapter 20

A/N I just realized that I jumped up a whole chapter. I went from chapter 6 straight to chapter 8 so this is actually chapter 19. If I confused you don't worry about it just read lol.
- -

"I wanna sleep with mommy." Emily whispered in Lauren's ear as they made their way in the house.

Today was the day Camila was able to go home. She hadn't said a word and every now and then would just have panic attacks and randomly start crying. This concerned Lauren.

"We'll see Em." Lauren says making the little girl smile.

"Hey Camz, do you wanna take a shower? You know get the jail feeling off?" Lauren says and Camila turns to look at her and weakly smiles. She nods and goes in the bathroom. No words.

Lauren sighs and puts Emily down softly patting her bottom.

"And you missy are going to eat some vegetables!" She says.

"Eww no!" Emily says and runs away. Lauren happily chases the little girl all around the house until she gets tired and decides to just give her a cookie instead.

"I'm gonna check on mommy then we'll play with your barbies okay?" Lauren asks and cleans up the chocolate from Emily's cheek.

The little girl nods and runs to her room. Lauren smiles at the sight and goes into her room to get Camila some clothes. Some sweats and a hoodie will do right? She makes her way into the bathroom.

"Camz I got you some clothes for when you're done." Lauren says slowly stepping in.

The green eyed girl can't see but Camila's body stiffens behind the shower curtain and her stomach turns.

Scared out of her mind Camila walks to the far corner of the shower far away from the voice coming from the other side of the bright blue curtain.

"Camz are you alright?" Lauren asks softly.

"Camz?"

The curtain is slowly pulled back and Camila's breathing becomes ragged. She holds her hands close to her chest in order to cover herself up.

"Camila?" Lauren speaks lovingly.

The young brunette shakes her head from side to side as tears slowly fall from her eyes. "No, get away from me." She says just above a whispers and presses herself harder against the wall.

She's a whole different person.

"Hey it's okay, it's just me. remember me?" Lauren says a little hurt.

"No stop don't touch me!" Camila says a little louder and her arms begin to move around as if protecting herself.

The water continues to run along with the soap from the spilled bottle on the bathtub floor. Camila accidentally steps on it and falls right on her bottom.

Lauren quickly reacts and places her arms around her to check if she's alright but Camila begins to punch Lauren on the chest.

"Get away from me!"

"Camz it's me! You're okay. You're home. I'm not going to hurt you.!" Lauren says stopping Camila's hands from hitting her any longer.

The green eyed girl places both her hands on Camila's face making her look up.

"It's me. I love you. I won't hurt you." She says and Camila's eyes soften and her breathing returns to normal.

"Lauren." Camila says defeatedly. Lauren smiles and nods in reassurance. Camila wraps her arms around Lauren's torso as tight as possible and quietly cries into her shoulder.

The oldest brunette manages to carry Camila up and out of the tub and into bed. She slips the clothes on her body carefully without touching her anywhere that would make her uneasy.

"Do you want something to eat?" Lauren says hovering over Camila.

"Ice cream?" Camila manages to say and smiles. Lauren reciprocates the action and nods making her way out of the room.

She goes into Emily's room to find the little girl peacefully sleeping on the floor with one of her dolls engulfed in her arms. She laughs at the sight and carries her daughter to bed. She kisses her forehead and covers her up whispering an 'I love you.'

It wasn't going to be easy to get everything back how it was but Lauren was more than willing to try. Maybe make Camila her wife and adopt one or two dogs, a kid? She was all up for it. Knowing that Camila would be by her and her daughters side always. Now being able to grow old together.

She made her way back to the room with the ice cream in hand. Camila was looking up at the ceiling. Lauren sat on the opposite side of the bed and Camila sat up along with her. The youngest brunette smiled and leaned over to give Lauren a kiss on the cheek. Whatever it was that possessed her a few minutes ago now gone. But Lauren didn't care she was happy.

They were happy.
- -

A/N this is the last chapter.

I know I caught YA off guard but I had to end it like this. There will be a sequel so you're free to freak out right now. Jk but yea for those of you that liked this story I am thinking about a sequel which is called 'scattered in pieces.' I am currently working on the first chapter. I love you guys for reading this it means a lot to me.