Chapter 15

A/ N short kinda filler chapter for those of you confused. I actually planned this longer but it just didn't work.

- -

"You have to convince them that it was self defense!" Camila cries hysterically from inside the grey room handcuffs on her hands.

"Camila I'm doing the best I can. We are weak on evidence." Her lawyer says and she sighs deeply.

"I can't leave Lauren and Emily alone Shawn."

"I will help you get out of here." He says kindly with a smile.

Camila rubs her temple as her lawyer walks out. Everything suddenly hits her like a truck. She begins to get flashbacks from the night it all happened but she quickly pushes it away. She will not let herself feel guilty for protecting herself and her family.

"Camila?" In walks Clara.

The younger girl doesn't say a word. If she does she will break down.

"We're going to see a judge in a couple days. Lauren should be out of the hospital you'll be able to see her and Emily." Clara says trying to lighten the mood.

"I'm going to jail." Camila whispers and Clara makes her way over to her and embraces her in her arms. Camila doesn't waste any time letting her tears go. silent sobs soon turn into louder ones breaking Clara's heart.

"I didn't want anything to happen to them." Camila says through the tears.

"You did the right thing. If it wasn't him it could've been one of you girls."

"I don't want to go to jail. Who's going to be there for Lauren."

"Listen, YOU ARE NOT going to jail okay?" Clara tries to make her understand but everything seems to lead up to just that.

"Ms. Cabello we have to put you in a holding cell until tomorrow where the judge will see you and decide what to do." One of the officers walks in.

Camila's cries get louder and Clara's heart slowly sinks. This girl is like her own daughter. She can't bare to see her like this.

"You're gonna be okay Camila."

"Please tell Lauren I love her."

"You can tell her tomorrow, okay?" Clara says and Camila weakly smiles nodding her head.

- -

"I will kill both of you if you don't give me my daughter." The guy in the black shirt says while grabbing Lauren's neck and pushing her against the wall.

Emily's soft cries are heard from her room as she screams, "Mommy!" Luis looks in the little girls direction and let's go of Lauren allowing Camila to run up to her and pick her up then quickly run in front of him to stop him from going into Emily's room.

"Stop this!" Camila screams in his face earning a slap. She runs her hands down her face then watches him hit the wall. Lauren's fist smashed in his face.

"You stupid bitch!" He says and both girls watch him take out a gun.

- -

Camila wakes up in the middle of the night breathing heavily. She takes in her surrounding and is not satisfied with the view of the bars in front of her. The same nightmare, or more so, memory, replaying in her head.

"I did the right thing." She reminds herself but she can't come to terms. She killed someone. A mother just lost her child. She can never be forgiven.