Chapter 13: Deal

Francis

A couple days after Bella and I hooked up in the back seat of my fucking car, Robyn, being the wholesome person she was, invited us all over for a night swim/s'mores in her backyard because Ariadne was home for a weekend.

Bella and I had been ignoring one another again at school, acting like we had no idea who the other was while Alana Martin continued to flirt with me. I would have been irked that Bella seemed to not give me a second thought when she was all I could fucking think about.

But the way she snuck glances at me during her cheerleading practice and after school was proof that she gave a shit. She didn't like Alana from the start–the two of them didn't get along and I didn't really know why but now, I did.

What Bella didn't know was that I didn't fucking want Alana. Alana's blue eyes weren't as striking. Her hair wasn't like spun gold. Her lips weren't full and pouty.

Alana didn't drive me up a wall. Alana wasn't a puzzle I couldn't solve. Alana wasn't interesting or fascinating.

Alana wasn't Bella. And I fucking wanted Bella.

I debated going to this shindig for hours but since Ariadne was home, I wanted to see her. Ariadne and I were good friends, more than people thought we were. She was a spitfire girl, never afraid to raise literal hell when needed. She had a perfect life on the outside but deep down, everything but. There was a constant war between her and Jackson Ryder, her father because she couldn't stomach his infidelity. Christian and his father never really got along either but that was a more passive, silent bloody one that I knew, one day would blow up massively.

Yet, seeing Bella was almost a dealbreaker. She was fucking everywhere–her moans in my ear, her face against my neck, her lips on mine. I could still feel her pulsing around my fingers and for the last few days, all I really wanted was to put my head between her legs and make her scream. To fuck her until she couldn't walk.

Although unfortunately, her ignoring my existence made that difficult. Naturally, I did the same.

When I pulled up to the Hale's, Bella's car was already out front. Groaning internally, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths before walking in through the door and heading straight for the backyard. Ariadne mauled me with a hug instantly.

"Bonjour à vous aussi," I chuckled. "You miss me so much."

"I'm surviving," she rolled her eyes and dragged me closer to the pool where everyone else was. When my eyes fell on Bella pulling herself out of the pool, my entire body reacted.

My throat constricted and my dick stood up alertly. The images I'd been playing over and over in my head were nothing compared to Bella fucking Ryder in wet, pink swimsuit. I'd seen in her in all kinds of swimsuits when we were on vacation but now, I knew what she felt like. Every inch of her was gloriously tanned–meticulously planned by her on our trip to Cabo, I was sure–and looked so fucking soft I wanted to do nothing other than spend hours exploring every single inch of her curves. Hair tied up in a messy bun at the top of her head with sunglasses that shielded her eyes, I tried to plan the best way to work a one-piece swimsuit off her body. Water droplets seemed to love her as they cascaded down her body, dripping on the tiles below her. Every muscle in my body constricted and the need to get her in my fucking bed was insane.

Merde.

"Duval," she clipped. I'd almost forgotten that we were back to hating each other.

"Isabella," I responded, tossing my stuff on a lawn chair and ruffled Robyn's hair.

Damon looked between us and took a slow sip of his drink.