15

AFTERTHOUGHTS !

— author's note! just wanted to say that i completely made up wilbur's flatmate's name and appearance! i'm unaware, as you should be, of who he is rooming with so it's simply safe to make a character. happy reading :]

AFTER A FEW minutes of silence, Wilbur finally got up. He was sad and stupid right now, but not stupid enough to stay out on the beach.

On his way home, his mind spun with all the things he could've done wrong. "Did I kiss her first?" Wilbur asked himself under his breath, unlocking his front door. "I didn't, right? Or did I...?"

One of his flatmates, who's name was Oscar, asked him if he wanted to join him and the others for dinner. Wilbur politely declined and thanked them for their birthday wishes and jogged downstairs, abruptly shutting the door.

He sighed heavily and plummeted onto his bed, staring up at the ceiling. Wilbur glanced at his desk, seeing the empty vodka bottle sitting next to his monitor. "Fuckin' hell," he mumbled, sitting up and dropping his head into his hands. "This is horrible," he grumbled. The birthday present Cynthia gave him glinted in the corner of his eye.

Cynthia.

Wilbur felt sick to his stomach but he swallowed his disgust. He took out his phone and noted the time; almost six in the evening. There were two options on the table.

Play Minecraft.

Get drunk.

He hesitated before getting up and walking to his desk, sitting down and turning on his PC. "I guess we'll be playing Minecraft," Wilbur said, exhaling heavily.

A moment later, he saw the glass bottle and pushed it away, out of his view. Almost as soon as he opened Discord, he was bombarded with the Discord ringtone.

TommyInnit was trying to VC.

!

CYNTHIA SLAMMED HER car door shut and exhaled, trying to steady her breath. "The hell was that about?" she asked herself, getting the overwhelming urge to punch herself in the face.

Give her enough time and she might actually do it.

She started up her car and pulled out of Wilbur's neighborhood, head and heart racing. "So we kissed," Cynthia started, "and then I pulled away..." she paused. "For what?"

Cynthia's face dropped and she scoffed lightly, glancing out her window. "I left and I don't even know why," she said and cursed. "What a fuckin' idiot."

Her grip on the steering wheel tightened and she fought the urge to turn her car around. "I'm not going back there," she stated, a bitter edge to her words, "he probably hates me, for fuck's sake."