Chapter 1

“Percy! Come back here!” A little blonde girl gleefully yells as she runs behind a dark-haired boy in a dress that flows softly behind her.

“Well catch up then Annabeth!” the dark haired boy replied.

They continued to run, going farther down in the beach, Percy coaxing Annabeth along. They finally reach the sea, without pausing dived into it. Gleeful laughs could be heard from the small children. They continued to play in the sea until the sun finally set. Tired sighs escaped their lips as they collapse on the sand now wet from their adventurous day.

“Annabeth,” Percy sighed, “let's promise to always be by each others sides okay?”

Annabeth turns her head to the side to see Percy’s face.

“Like best friends?” she suggested.

“Yes!” Percy shouts, “Exactly like that, my mom told me when you find the person you don’t mind sharing your cooties with, you should hold them close!”

Annabeth sat up quickly, Percy joining her. “Okay! We have to pinky promise! You can’t break a pinky promise!” she said excitedly.

The children sat crossed-legged staring deeply into each others eyes.

“We promise to never abandon each others sides!” they say now fully energized from the words spoken. Having nothing left to say, they stared at each other for a couple of seconds more till both looked away with red tinted faces. Anyone could see that growing up, they are sure to be bounded to each other for a long time.

“Promises are made to be broken.” Annabeth unhappily sighs as she opens the door to 4 years of hell, which normally people call high school.

~~~~~

Annabeth slowly walks down the boring teal blue hallway, eyes on the smudgy floor. She didn't want to face the judgemental eyes and loud whispers coming from mortal hormonal teenagers. Annabeth quickly got to her locker, ignoring the bad words and murder threats on the purple surface. She quickly tries to open her locker with her shaking hands, trying to not be in the crosshairs of ‘the popular crew’ or as she calls them, ‘The Daymares.’

SLAM

Annabeth jumps as her locker was closed to see a face she really needed to see at that moment.

“Thalia!” She exclaimed, grabbing her best friend's shoulder and playfully shook her. “You could have chopped my hand off with the stupid locker!”

Thalia smirks as she grabs Annabeth’s hand from her shoulder and started to tug her to somewhere else more private.

“Miss Princess, come on I need to talk to you, something really important.” Thalia pulls harder on Annabeth’s arm.

“Ow! You don’t have to pull so hard Pinecone Face!” she giggles as Thalia quickly turned to give her a half glare before it turned back into a smile.

“That tells you that it really is impor-”

“Oh god it’s HER.”

Annabeth and Thalia both pause to turn their heads to the offending sound that came out of sneering red lips.

“Oh, it’s the Red-headed Nightmare and her little clones.” Thalia snapped back, standing taller to look more imitating. Annabeth’s gray eyes met Rachel’s squinty green ones. She never did like Rachel, and likewise for herself. Rachel was always the trendsetter elementary through middle school, having eager boys get her whatever she wanted. She met her Barbie sidekicks in 8th grade, the trio was like mini cyclones prepared to root up anyone in their way. Rachel’s glare turned into an evil smirk as if she remembered something.

“Hey Princess, do you like the present we left you?” she looked back to her other two cyclones as they quickly nodded toward Annabeth.

“Don’t call me that.” she quickly says. “Is it everyday that you have a staff up your butt?”

Thalia and Annabeth hive-fived while still looking at Rachel. A crowd started forming into a circle.

“No, but I do have something like that up there, guess what it is?” Rachel evilly chuckles.

“Thalia stepped in front of Annabeth to prevent a fight.

“You son of a -,” Annabeth started, but looked behind Rachel to see the one person in the world that she did not want see at that moment. Obviously Rachel was not oblivious to see the feelings in Annabeth’s eyes whenever she looks at said person.

“Percy baby!” Rachel loudly yell as she wrapped her arms around his waist. Grey eyes quickly made contact with the floor as Percy half hugged Rachel kissing her forehead. Rachel still clinging to Percy looked at Thalia with half lidded eyes asking her what her next move was. Thalia upset that she possibly couldn’t win this battle started to back away with Annabeth by her side. Trying to scrounge up the last of her dignity spat towards Rachel,

“Karma’s a b*tch Rachel coming to find you.”

“What ever you say weebs.” Rachel replies looking up to see Percy’s reaction. She was slightly irritated to see him watching Thalia and Annabeth walk away. Rachel smacks her lips trying to get attention from Percy, the circle disbanding.

“Uh, Rachel, I have to go find Grover and get to class.” Percy says still staring down the hall Annabeth disappeared from.

He kisses Rachel’s forehead again turning to walk in the opposite direction. Rachel waves and smiles until Percy went down another hallway before turning to the two girls who were quiet the whole time.

Paige, Sierra… We have a problem.” Rachel glares at the two of them, eyes plotting something eventful.