Mon Amour ♥️

Sitting on a bench under a huge banyan tree, Amaya and Atul were lost in their musings. Both of them were panting hard after three rounds of jogging in the park. It was six in the morning and they were enjoying each other’s company at a park in the locality where Atul stayed. It had been three months since the day they had met for the first time.

Atul had helped Amaya securing beneficial investment policies to secure the future of her parents while Amaya had been successful in persuading him for morning walks daily. Though Amaya wanted him to join gym and do cardio exercises under the guidance of an expert, it was not feasible for them because of work pressure.

Amaya smiled closing her eyes remembering the day when Atul had denied to meet her because he was feeling suffocated. Due to persistent work pressure and continuous nagging from the side of his parents who wanted him to marry as quickly as he could, his blood pressure had shot up. Amaya had shuddered at the mere thought of losing Atul. It was then she had realized she wanted him in her life though, voicing out her feelings was not an option for her.

As much as Amaya wanted to confess what she felt for Atul, she had avoided to do so because she was insecure. She was afraid that Atul might mock at her emotions. She wanted a positive response from his side before she could voice out her feelings.

Amaya had forced Atul to go for a jog daily and perform few cardio exercises to keep his health in check two weeks ago but Atul had left her flabbergasted with his condition,

“My cupcake, I will do the needful only if we do it together.”

Since then, Amaya visited the park daily early in the morning to meet Atul. They used to run five rounds of the huge park together and her mornings were blissful. Without caring for the future, she enjoyed her time with him, the man she had perhaps, fallen for.
Amaya wanted to confess her feelings but she was afraid he might reject her. She was also skeptical that their parents may not go ahead with this alliance. Keeping her pessimistic thoughts aside, she decided to enjoy her present after all, she never wanted to break down in front of Atul.

Atul, on the other hand, was sitting beside her admiring the captivating smile that adorned her heart-shaped lips. He smiled remembering the day when he had met her at Humayun’s Tomb after realizing that she was just meant for him. In the evening on that Sunday date, they had gone to the famous Birla Mandir of Delhi with a packet of half a kilogram of his favorite motichoor ladoos.

He got elated reminiscing the moment when he had fed the oblation to Amaya with his hands. He realized it had been a long time and  if Amaya was looking forward for this relationship then, it was high time to talk with their parents. He knew it was difficult to make them understand but he had faith that he would succeed.

Atul had an intuition that Amaya would not reject him. He could see through the glowing blush on her face whenever they met each other. He admired the way she smiled coyly whenever he called her, “My cupcake". He knew she liked him too while his world revolved around her. He was just waiting for the right time to confess that he loved her.

Contemplating for a long time, Atul decided to speak to Amaya. Being an impulsive person, he decided to ask her about their future. Atul urged, “Umm... Amaya, it has been long...”

Amaya huffed realizing that she had zoned out. Getting embarrassed , she got up interrupting Atul. “Yeah, come on. Let’s finish two more rounds.” She chortled getting up.

Atul sighed and followed her. Panting hard, since they both had picked up pace, Atul chimed in, “Amaya, I wanted to talk to you".

“What?” she asked without turning towards him.

“What you think about me, my cupcake?” Atul queried running alongside her.

Amaya was flabbergasted. With a sheepish smile adorning her lips, she sat on the bench nearby. She had turned scarlet-red and the red hue on her glowing face did not go unnoticed by Atul.

“You are good", she murmured. Despite, she knew where the conversation was heading to, but she wanted to feign ignorance. She was waiting for his confession and proposal instead of telling her opinion.

“Amaya”, Atul whined chuckling. “I know I am good but you know, umm... , I am talking about, you know, what you think about me?” He asked sheepishly.

“I think you are good", Amaya guffawed looking at him.

Atul demanded, “What you think about us?”

“We, umm..., you know, Atul", Amaya stuttered coyly.

“What?” He teased her. Atul loved pulling her leg whenever she blushed in shyness.

Smacking his forearm, she got up but Atul did not want her to go away. Yanking her arm towards himself, he gestured her to sit beside him. Amaya’s heart fluttered at his simple gesture as she simpered.

“What you think of this alliance, Amaya?” Atul probed her admiring the bewitching blush on her face.

Amaya hid her face in her palms. She knew she was blushing hard. Turning crimson, she giggled coyly.

Wrapping his arm around her shoulder, Atul confessed with utmost sincerity in his voice, “Amaya, when I met you for the first time, I had never expected that we would be sitting together today. I had expected to face another rejection when you welcomed me with your sweet talks. Gradually, you made a place in my heart and today, I cannot imagine a life without you. I have fallen for you, my cupcake, and I have fallen hard.”

Amaya blushed hard upon hearing his heartfelt confession. Her insecurities of facing another rejection vanished. Beaming with joy, she grinned, “When I met you, I was looking forward for another rejection but today I am glad to have found you. In your presence, I am free to be myself because I know you won’t judge me.”

She stood up and without meeting his eyes, she murmured, “I want to cherish you forever, mon amour”.

“O! My cupcake, I love you so very much", Atul spoke getting up and pulling her into a bear hug gently kissing her forehead while Amaya hid herself in his chest. She was happy and satisfied for herself.

Their little bubble of happiness was broken with few nosy elders who sniggered, “People are just shameless these days".

Though Amaya and Atul despised the jibe on them, they avoided the nebby elders in the park. Pulling apart from the cozy hug, Atul assured, “I will talk with my parents today and ask them to visit your home."

“What if our parents don’t agree with this alliance, Atul?” Amaya voiced out her insecurities.

“We will definitely find one way or other to convince them", Atul guaranteed her as both of them walked out of the park.

Amaya was still not satisfied. Reality had hit her hard. She knew her father would be baffled and angry at her. With fear seeping inside her, she got anxious about future. She spoke, “But what if...”

Wrapping his arm around her shoulder, Atul interrupted her, “Enjoy the present, my cupcake. We confessed today. Let’s relish this blissful moment instead of getting worried about our future.”

Amaya smiled as she nodded in affirmation. After contemplating a lot, she requested, “Atul, I want you talk with your parents after my birthday next week. I want to spend my special day with you, mon amour".

Atul grinned, “As you say, amorcito". Pulling her towards himself, he pinched her chubby cheeks and chortled, “I love when you blush".

Amaya did not want to leave but it was a weekday and she had work to do. Her face turned into the darkest shade of crimson as she mumbled, “Bye".

Atul and Amaya were delighted at the turn of events. Their joy knew no bounds after confessing their love for each other.

With heavy hearts, the couple parted away for their respective homes with only one desire, the dream to walk to their home together after morning walks in future.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

I was smiling when I wrote this chapter. I found it too cute 😍

Anyway, do share your views about this unexpected proposal 🥰

I will be back soon, till then, please VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE 🌹

Love you all
💜