Arriving at the Shining Beacon

Students from all over Remnant were on board a bullhead headed towards Beacon ready to start their next few years of training to become huntsman and huntresses. Y/N was sat in the back corner of the bullhead listening to music instead of paying attention to what was going on around him.  After a few minutes he noticed that the bullhead started to descend, so he made his way towards the door ready to get off out and make his way towards the place where he would be staying for the next few years of his life. As the bullhead touched down on the ground the door to the bullhead opened and Y/N and the rest of the students streamed out of the bullhead making their way towards the auditorium where they were going to get a lecture before doing whatever they needed to do to begin studying there.

The students started to make their way into the auditorium to get the lecture that they needed to hear before their initiation. Y/N headed straight into the auditorium, ignoring most of the people already in the room. He made his way to the back of the room and let on the wall as to not gain any unwanted attention from the other people. After a couple of minutes of waiting Y/N got distracted by three girls that appeared to be arguing about something. They went back and forth a little he decided to intervene as it was starting to get on his nerves. As he neared the girls he realized one was in fact Ruby who he had met the night before when he was trying to stop Roman. The other two he didn't recognize, one was blonde and the other had white hair like his own and seemed a little familiar, but he wasn't too sure as to why.

White: You really want to start making things up to me?

Ruby: Absolutely!

White: Read this and don't speak to me ever aga-

Y/N: Hey, how about you just leave her alone whatever she did she is quite obviously sorry for it.

White: She almost killed me!

Y/N: So what? She apologized for it so just move on and start over.

Ruby: Yeah come on, I did say I was sorry.

Ruby then extends her arm towards the other girl for a handshake.

Ruby: Hello, Weiss! I'm Ruby! Want to hang out? We can go shopping for school supplies!

Y/N(thoughts): Weiss? Why is that name so familiar?

Weiss: Yeah, and we can paint our nails, try on clothes, and talk about cute boys like tall, blonde, and scraggly over there!

Ruby: Oh wow, really?!

Weiss: No.

Ozpin: Ahem... I'll keep this brief. You have travelled here today in search of knowledge. To hone your craft and acquire new skills. And when you have finished, you plan to dedicate your life to the protection of the people. But I look amongst you and all I see is wasted energy in need of purpose, direction. You believe that knowledge will free you of this, but your time at this school will prove that knowledge can only carry you so far. It is up to you to take the first step.

Glynda: You will gather in the ballroom tonight. Tomorrow your initiation will begin. Be ready. You are dismissed!

As soon as they were dismissed Y/n headed straight out of the room and towards the ballroom ready to spend his first night at Beacon.

TIMESKIP

The ballroom was filled with people that were scattered all over the place, some lying on their sleeping bags while others were messing around and talking. There were a couple of people that were keeping to themselves though, two such people were Y/N and a girl that he had met a few minutes prior, Blake Belladonna. The two of them sat side by side as Blake read a book and Y/N sat with his headphones on listening to his music. Y/N was still wearing his mask as he did not want anyone to find out who he was just yet, he wanted to wait until they had gone through the initiation before he revealed that he was the faunas son of the Schnee family. The two sat in silence next to each other minding their own business until all of a sudden Ruby appeared in front of them with the blonde girl from before.

Blonde: I believe you three know each other!

Blake: Aren't you that girl that exploded? 

Ruby: Uh, yeah. My names Ruby. But... you can just call me... crater... actually you can just call me Ruby.

Blake: Okay.

Blonde: What are you doing?

Ruby: *whispers* I don't know, help me!

Blonde: So... what are your names?

Blake: Blake.

Y/N: Y/N.

Blonde: Well I'm Yang. Ruby's older sister! I like your bow! And I like your mask!

Blake: Thanks.

Y/N: Uh, thanks.

Yang opened her mouth to speak again but as she did she was interrupted by her sister.

Ruby: Hey, Y/N?

Y/N: Yeah.

Ruby: I never got to thank you for helping me last night with Roman and also for helping me with Weiss earlier.

Y/N slowly gets to his feet and as he does Ruby blushes since Y/N isn't wearing a shirt but Yang on the other hand gains a flirtatious smirk as she looks at the masked man. Once he stands all the way up he places a hand on Ruby's shoulder.

Y/N: It's no big deal Ruby, it's just what anyone should do when they see someone in need.

Ruby: Well it was still nice of you.

Yang then split the two up and got very close up to Y/n with her hand running softly along Y/N's scarred and tattooed chest.

Yang: Yeah Y/N, that was really nice of you to save my little sister like that, you're such a hero~

Y/N: Well it's no issue blondie, only doing what I could to help.

Yang: Well I would like to thank you properly sometime anyway~

Y/N: That is not necessary Yang.

Yang: I'm sure I can find some way to reward you for saving my sister~

Y/N having had enough of Yang's flirting and whispers in her ear saying something that causes Yang to go completely red and back away from Y/N awkwardly laughing. Y/N was about to sit back down but got distracted by the loud voice of someone behind him.

Weiss: What in the world is going on over here?! Don't you realize some of us are trying to sleep?!

Y/N *grunt*

Weiss/Yang: Oh, not you again!

Ruby: Shh! Guys, she's right! People are trying to sleep!

Weiss: Oh, now you're on my side.

Ruby: I was always on your side!

Yang: Yeah, what's your problem with my sister?! She's only trying to be nice!

Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!

Y/N decides to just sit down next to Blake and gives her a nod for her to do what she was about to. She then reaches for the candle and brings it towards her face before blowing it out causing all the room to go dark.