The Badge and the Burden

Y/N awoke early like always to find the rest of his team still fast asleep. Not wanting to disturb any of them he headed towards the bathroom holding his uniform under his arm. He decided to take a quick shower before everyone else woke up, mainly before Yang woke up since he could only imagine what type of flirtatious comment she would make. After his quick shower, Y/N got out and began to brush his teeth because no one wants to have bad-smelling breath on his first day of school. Once he was all washed up he started to slip into his uniform, he managed to put most of it on, but the tie just felt like too much for him, so he left that off and left the top two buttons undone.

???: *whistle!*

Y/N jumped a little at the sudden noise, so he headed out of the bathroom into the dorm room where he found a certain Rose standing with a whistle in his hand and his sister laying on the floor next to her bed.

Ruby: Goooooood morning Team RWBY!

Weiss: What in the world is wrong with you?

Ruby: Now that you're awake we can officially begin our first order of business.

Weiss: Excuse me?

Yang: Decorating!

Weiss: What?

Blake: We still have to unpack. *her suitcase opens and all her things fall on the floor* And clean.

Ruby: *blows whistle* Alright! Weiss, Blake, Yang, Y/N and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission. (lifts her arm into the air) Banzai!

Yang and Blake: Banzai!

Y/N: ... Banzai.

Weiss: *sighs*

Everyone begins to unpack their belongings, Yang and Weiss hang things on the wall whereas Blake puts her books onto the bookshelf. Until she pulled a certain book out of her bag which she quickly hid, little did she know Y/N spotted this from the corner of the room and started to laugh quietly at what he had witnessed. After they had all finished they stood back to see what they had done only to find that the room was way too cramped.

Weiss: This isn't going to work.

Blake: It is a bit cramped.

Yang: Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff.

Ruby: Or we could ditch the beds. *gasps* And replace them with bunk beds!

Weiss: That sounds incredibly dangerous.

Yang: And super awesome!

Blake: It does seem efficient.

Y/N: I don't mind, it doesn't affect me so do as you wish.

Weiss: Well, we should put it to a vote.

Y/N: I think we just did sis.

The girls then rush forward to begin work on their bunk beds, Y/N on the other hand looks down at his watch to see that it was 8:45, so he headed out towards Professor Port's classroom for whatever his first lesson would be. He arrived with five minutes to spare, so he sat down at a desk and waited for the class to begin.

TIMESKIP

As the lesson was about to begin the classroom door flew open and Team RWBY and Team JNPR came falling through the door.

Ruby: Sorry we're late!

Port: It's fine just take a seat and next time try to be more like your teammate. *gestures to Y/N*

The two teams then make their way to the last seats. Team RWBY sat on the same row as Y/N with Yang taking the seat to his right and Weiss taking the one to his left. Team JNPR took the seats on the row behind him.

Port: Monsters, Demons, Prowlers of the night. Yes, the creatures of grim have many names. But I merely refer to them as prey. Hu-hah! Haha.

Class: *silence*

Port: Uhh, and some day you shall too, upon graduation from this prestigious academy. Now, as I was saying, Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world. Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces. And that's where we come in. Huntsman! Huntresses... *clicking of tongue*

After clicking his tongue, he winks at Yang, who is visibly uncomfortable at the gesture.

Y/N: Dude, why are you winking at your student?

Port: Uhhhh.

Y/N: It's kinda weird man, just saying.

Class: *snickers*

With that, Port continues his lesson. All of Team RWBY continued to listen to the lesson bar from one, this was the team leader who was currently drawing a picture of Professor Port. After a couple more minutes of listening to the boring lesson Yang leant over to Y/N.

Yang: *whispering* Thanks for the help there.

Y/N: *whispering* It's no big deal it was a very weird thing for a teacher to do.

Yang: *whispering* Either way I am very thankful that you said something.

Y/N:*whispering* It was no big deal Yang don't worry about it.

The two looked at each other and smiled before all of a sudden they jumped over the sound of Weiss throwing her hand in the air and shouting.

Weiss: I do sir!

Port: Well then, let's find out. Step forward and face your opponent.

FADES TO BLACK