The First Step

Y/N awoke earlier than most of the other students and made his way out of the ballroom towards the bathrooms as to get cleaned up before his initiation later that day. It didn't take him too long to get washed up after doing so he made his way to the cafeteria to get something to eat, entering the cafeteria he noticed that a couple of students were already there. Two students that he recognized were the two sisters, Ruby and Yang. After collecting his food the two started waving at him as to try and get his attention, figuring he might as well try and make some friends before the school year started. He took a seat next to Yang and across from Ruby as he set his tray down on the table.

Y/N: Good morning you two.

Yang/Ruby: Good morning Y/N.

Yang: How did you sleep Y/N?

Y/N: Fine I guess. How about you two?

Ruby: I slept like a baby thank-you.

Yang: I was a little cold could have helped to sleep with your big arms around me~

Y/N: Yang as much as I think you are an attractive girl you should probably chill out on the flirting until we have finished the initiation at least.

Yang: *huff* fine.

Ruby: Hey Y/N, how do you plan on eating with the mask on?

Y/n then slightly lifts his mask up so that his mouth was showing but nothing else was.

Ruby: Oh.

Yang: How come you're wearing the mask anyway? If you don't mind me asking.

Y/N: Well, I don't really want everyone to figure out who I am just yet since it tends to be quite the distraction for some people, so I'm going to wait until after the initiation to tell people.

Yang: That makes sense I guess.

The three continued to chat away for around half an hour and then headed towards the locker room to get their weapons. Y/N separated from the two sisters once they entered the locker room since his was over the other side of the room to the girls. He found his locker being right next to a certain girl with a head of white hair the same as him. Y/N quickly opened up his locker and took out his katana and revolver and strapping them both to his belt, he wasted no time in walking out the room as he didn't want Weiss to figure out who he was since he was her twin brother after all, something that he figured out while he was lying in his sleeping bag the night before.

Making his way outside he found himself standing on a little pad that was set to launch him and the other students into the forest below them. Y/N stood there for a few seconds until Ozpin begins to speak. 

Ozpin: For years you have trained to become warriors. And today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumours about the assignments of teams. Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... Today.

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of the time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next 4 years. After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate everything in your path, or you will die. You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one, and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and your grade and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Jaune: Yeah, um sir-

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Jaune: Um sir, I've got a question.

As Jaune finishes his sentence Y/N gets catapulted through the air towards the forest beneath him. As he flies through the air he begins to get closer to the ground, while he is in the air he manoeuvres himself so that his feet are directed towards the ground and as he is about to hit it he summons his flames so that he can use them as a thruster to slow himself down as he hits the ground. The second his feet hits the ground he rolls to break his fall and then jumps back to his feet ready to fight whatever gets in his way.