Let's wrap up the war

A/N: to start I wanted to go back and make the war fresh in all of our minds so imma rewrite Nico's whole situation and make us all feel bad for him. And imma incorporate any headcanons and stuff like that that I want and really take a creative license here. Also, this is my first time writing on my laptop so the story might be formatted differently. I would also like to give a shout-out to my inspo, I put it in the media bar.

Nico Di Angelo

My body and mind are telling me to take a very long nap and guzzle some Gatorade, transporting the Athena Parthenos over the world can take something out of a guy. But I look to the camp and see that everyone is in full-out war, I feel like I was a spy, knowing about both camps and all. But my dad told me to keep my trap shut so I did. I feel guilty so I push away any sense of weariness and get to the fight. I jump from one catapult to the next, ignoring the searing pain coming from the claw marks all over my body, and disarm them just perfectly so that nobody will even know they were tampered with. A wild centaur sees me and charges, and I back handspring out of the way earning a few looks from some CHB peeps. I don't care, I've been competent in gymnastics since I was nine and it's not really like it comes as a shock to me.

I walk up to the final catapult to see that scum bag, Octavian, tampering with it and trying to aim it at Leo and Gaia. I notice his toga's in a bunch, it's painfully obvious he wants to die and this is him trying to make his suicide look like a tragic accident. Will comes by my side and starts talking to Octavian, I catch a few words about how he's just an anemic loser and that Octavian is a son of a bitch, and that Will is a true son of Apollo. And he is totally right. But I start to realize that I overexerted myself with some of my abilities, and raising enough dead to make the numbers even definitely didn't help. I fall to the ground just as Octavian launches himself into the air, colliding with Gaia at the same time that Festus blows a shit ton of fire into her face. I feel two life forces fade, Octavian and Leo.

Then I start to feel a cool sensation envelop me. The shadows are claiming me, I knew this would happen eventually. Is this how other people feel when they die? The dark swirls of shadow around me getting constantly thicker. I feel blissful, this is what I've always wanted. But I get shaken out of it, a warm hand passes right through me, it tickles. Then I register the slightly panicked voice of Will Solace and realize that someone might actually care about me. His voice is muffled but I make out most of what he's saying, "Stay with me Neeks, come on I can't lose another." I begin to fight against the cool feeling of the shadows, searching for the warmth that is Will. He touches my shoulder again and lets out a relieved, "Oh, thank the gods." When he makes contact with a solid, with me. If I had half a mind I might've been flustered when he picked me up bridal style and carried me away, it's a good thing I didn't have that. Because I was too exhausted to be able to focus on such a trivial thing as embarrassment.

William Solace

"Oh gods, Nico. no no no no no! Come on, stay with me Neeks. I can't lose another person I care about." I panic after turning around from the hellfire in the sky to find an extremely frail Nico di Angelo. He's completely surrounded by thickening tendrils of smoke and shadow, and when I go to put my hand on his shoulder it just passes through him making me panic even more.

I take a deep breath, I need to act like he is just another patient. I need to be calm, cool and collected. The battle sounds fade into the distance as I focus my healing energy onto the fastly fading, anorexic, outcast di Angelo. I put my hand to his shoulder again and sigh in relief when I touch a solid form, "Oh, thank the gods." I waste no time and pick him up, bridal style, and begin sprinting to the infirmary. I grab some nectar and ambrosia and feed him until his lips smoke, I don't have time to do a full check-up seeing as I am the head of the apollo cabin and we just finished a war. So once I feel confident that Nico is not going to fade into the shadows I reluctantly move onto another patient.

After about three or four hours I go back to check on di Angelo to find his bed empty. I ask the other apollo kids to find that he just got up and walked away after he woke up. I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped because he just about faded into the shadows less than six hours ago and should be dead, and he just got up and walked out of the infirmary. I was totally going to get him back, just as soon as the infirmary cleared up a bit.

***

Turns out a bit was just over a week, and I didn't get more than twelve hours of sleep collectively over that time span. I took a power nap after the final patient left...then I woke up and realized that a certain child of Hades needed to spend some quality time in the infirmary, specifically with me.