Fourteen

A/N Hello readers! If you skipped Chapter 13, that's totally okay! I skipped ahead 2 days, so it's WEDDING TIME!!!!! BTWW, I LOVE Mare's dress. Like, come on!!! Also, Mare has two bridesmaids in honey colored dresses, and I think you know who they are.. Sonya and Seline, ugh, and Evangeline. 

Mare

Today is the day. Today, I become Queen Mare Calore of Norta, and become Maven's wife. We've been looking forward to this day for nearly 2 months, and the dress I'm wearing was supposed to be when I would become princess, so it was relatively simpler than Evangeline's, if she had become queen, but a rose gold crown and diamonds with amber strewn in my bun will just have to pass. 

Evangeline is sulking off to the side, dressed in a honey gold dress with pieces of metal around her. Deathly even at a wedding. 

Sonya and Seline also keep hidden weapons, in case of an attack, and I have my lightning if I need it. 

"I can not believe you went from being betrothed to a prince, and then the king. Mare, you're going to be the queen!" Sonya exclaims and I smile at her giddy face as my face is gently brushed with a sprinkle of makeup. 

"I can't either. And Evangeline, before you say I stole your crown, I did not, Cal chose to put your reign at an end and that is not on me." 

I see Evangeline roll her eyes in the mirror and she says, "yes, Mare, I know. Just know if you find Cal, I call dibs on cutting his perfect hair off." 

"Okay, but after I slap his face until it bleeds." Sonya says. 

"And after I kick him in the shins." Seline says. 

"And I guess I'll kill him." I shrug. 

We all laughed, and Elara scowled. "Very well girls, but can we not focus on killing someone today? It's a wedding. A royal wedding." 

Her dark blue gown was fitted with white, and I had told Maven angrily last night that his mother had done it to protest against their marriage. He had asked his mother if this was true, and she admitted that she was wearing a small bit of white in HONOR of the bride, but I didn't buy it for a second. 

"So Mare, who's walking you to the cathedral?" Sonya asked, as the train was fitted into my bun. 20 feet long. Ridiculous. 

"Correct me if I'm wrong, Elara, but didn't you say Lord Eagrie?" 

Elara smiled. "Close. Lord Provos is." 

Mare sighed. "I always confuse them for some reason!" 

Elara came to my side. "Just remember that House Eagrie are all eyes, they can see the future. House Provos are telkies, who can manipulate objects." 

I sighed, and Seline saw my hands were shaking. "Mare, your hands are shaking. Are you nervous?" 

I smiled at my friend. "Just a little, but don't worry about it, I'm just.. nervous about taking on the crown." 

Evangeline came to my side, and I prepared for chaos. "Just relax. It's Maven, you love him, you care for him, and you've been rehearsing the lines for taking the crown for nearly 12 hours straight. You've got this, no matter how much I hate you." 

I smirked at her. "Wow, thank you Evangeline." 

Evangeline snickered. "No problem." 

Lord Provos entered the room and bowed. "Your highness, my ladies, are we ready?" 

I stood up. "Yes, Lord Provos, I believe we are." 

As we all left Whitefire palace, and my bridesmaids held my train, the sun beamed down, and people screamed and cheered as I walked down the white brick road, hoping Lord Provos wouldn't let me fall. (follow the yellow brick road lmao)