Forty

A/N I lied. We get our Mareven baby NOW. Just hold on tight, for some turbulence is on it's way. 

Mare

Months had passed once more, and I was getting so close to meeting the baby I'd been forming for nine months. 

Iris was showing proudly, and had made a few day trips to the Lakelands to check on her family and country, but stayed by my side throughout everything. 

Maven's silence was cutting through our marriage as hard as stone, and he only sent one message. 

About the Reveri. (Revv-err-eye) 

Progress was going well, and Norta was starting to accept it's strange ways.

Begging for a Democracy alongside the Monarchy for equal say in the people, and Maven was beginning to talk to his council about removing caste systems, cleaning up slums, and working cities. 

A sense of pride went through me reading his letter. 

'My dearest Mare, 

while I understand you need silence from both our parts at the moment, I felt it was important to update you on the largest decision in Nortan history, all thanks to you. The Reveri have started to work their way into the meetings, and I've started to talk to our council about the slum towns and working cities for silvers. Many of our factories have started to turn green for the environment and our air pollution is down by 68%. I hope that you and Iris are doing well, and I can't wait to see you again, whenever you decide to come home. I'm sorry for what I'd done, but it was for your best interest. I am aware I placed you and the baby in danger, and I will never do that again. When you're ready to forgive me, come home. 

Not to Norta, not to the country, but to me. 

I love you. 

-Maven' 

I don't know if I could go back to Maven, for what he'd done was so despicable. 

Feeling the baby kick, I smiled and looked down. 

"You want to see your father, don't you?" 

It kicked again and I let out a small laugh. 

The baby was certainly going to be feisty, there was no doubt about that. 

But it was Maven's baby. 

Maybe there'd be a joint-custody? Mare could work for Norta in Piedmont, and their baby.. 

No. That was a terrible idea, and not worth it. 

She'd have to forgive him eventually. 

Iris entered, and sat down. 

"So you realize that I've burned like 100 of those letters right? This one felt important since I'm also a part of the Reveri project and half of the other letters were begging you to come home, and begging for an update." 

I smile, grateful. "Thank you, Iris, but that isn't necessary. Come, sit. I'm thinking up some names for the baby." 

She squealed and sat down next to me. 

"Spill. Now." 

I laughed. "Okay... So if it's a girl, I'm thinking Amber Cellia Macala and if it's a boy, I want him to be Thomas Helion Rowen." 

Iris smiled sadly. "Thomas.. as in Maven's friend? The child you got to meet?" 

I nod. "I want to pay respect to him by naming him after his friend, even if he hurt me."