Chapter 15

Ranalla lay with her head on his chest and drew imaginary figures across his muscles. Vince smiled and pulled his arm above his head with the other one firmly holding her to him. Sweat clung to their bodies.

Reality began to seep into her consciousness. She had just let a stranger make love to her. Well, not a complete stranger, but a stranger still. The first man she slept with was one she had not dated for months or even known more than few days, yet a part of her felt a connection that seemed longer than that. It all felt so right. Then why did this sense of foreboding hang over her? Maybe it was the fact that she had no idea what the next moment would hold. After all, she should have been dead right now.

He sensed her trepidation. Turning toward her, he leaned over and traced her face with his hand. It was as though he could see every contour.

"Are you regretting it?" he spoke softly.

She took a deep breath and shook her head slightly. "No. It's just a....a little strange. That's all."

He chuckled. "Strange? I don't know if it has been called that."

"I didn't mean it that way." He could hear the smile in her voice. "I don't know. I never really thought about how it would feel afterwards."

"And how does it feel?"

"Good. It feels good."

"I'm glad." He leaned down and slowly moved his lips over hers a she sighed.

She rubbed her hands over the slight bit of stubble on his face. "I almost wish we had met in different circumstances."

"Almost?"

"This will sound stupid, but you kidnapping me sounds perfect for this."

He laughed. "What am I going to do with you?"

Laughter left her as the question rammed home. "Good question. What are you going to do with me?"

He licked his lips. "Get you to safety. That's what I'm going to do."

"Am I not safe here?" Her voice took an edge of panic.

"That helicopter tells me that you won't be for long. They don't know where we are, but they have an idea."

"Who are they?"

He leaned down to kiss her again. "No one who can appreciate you like I can." All other thoughts fled her mind as she gave into the desire that exploded within her.