2 - Watching and Waiting

Severus left later that night, later than usual, but since Kalina was not going to see him for a few days, she wanted to take advantage of this and when Neville wished her goodnight, giving Severus an awkward nod of the head instead, they both took refuge on the couch and watched movies together. Turns out, not that surprising to Kalina but to others, Severus had a soft spot for old romantic movies such as Casablanca. Kalina wanted to watch a horror such as Jaws but somehow Severus could not fathom a man-eating shark which could also bite through boats.

That morning, she woke up, instantly missing the feeling of Severus' arms around her but dragged herself out of bed anyway. Although she was going to miss him and also long for his safe return, she was glad that his defensive training has been grinded to a halt because she was completely exhausted.

She walked across the landing, holding onto the stair banister support since she left her cane downstairs and stopped when she saw that Neville's door was slightly ajar and saw that he was still sprawled out on his quilt. She smiled lightly and made her way downstairs and grabbed herself some breakfast. She fried some eggs and bacon which was a success but she couldn't deny that she missed Hogwarts and their glorious fruit bowl that she usually ate.

When Kalina stepped into her bathroom, bolting the door shut behind her and stripping herself of her pyjamas, she stepped into the shower. Her skin raised with goosebumps as the hot water hit against her skin making her shudder slightly but she soon became accustomed to the temperature and felt her muscles relaxed.

She brushed the water over her body before she reached over to her shower rack and grabbed one of the many bars of soaps she owned before rubbing it against her skin. She started off on her torso as usual, the suds of soap seeping over her nude body, making sure to wash behind her ears before moving down to her stomach. She had to look up from her stomach as the scar that covered her belly made her sick to the core to look at or even touch so she did it absentmindedly most times.

She then leaned over, moving onto her legs when a sudden wave of horror coursed through her.

"Black Cherry was always my favourite soap of yours."

Wincing, she closed her eyes tightly, the soap slipping through her fingers as vivid pictures flashed through her mind of that night. It wasn't that long ago when she had encounted Barty once more and had to fend for her life. Her mind would sometimes replay conversations they had in her head and this was one of those times. She didn't think that a certain smell could trigger so many emotions at once so she leaned back down and grabbed the soap, pulling the shower curtain open and throwing it into the bin across the room.

She then grabbed at the shower head, pulling it off from its hook and pressed it closer to her skin as she rubbed herself clean ferociously with a shower sponge as if to erase the scent from her body. As she bent over, her hands clasping at her thighs she let out a scream of aching as she looked down at the bruised marks on her inner thighs making her squirm consciously and dropping onto the shower floor.

A wave of emotion had hit her like a bludger to the head that she just collapsed. Her hands were gripping onto her hair and silent screams and cries were tearing at her throat.

"Get up, Kalina. Get up!" She shouted at herself fiercely after a few minutes of pitifully sobbing on the shower floor. Her legs were shaking but her mind was stronger. She did manage to pull herself up, wiping her wet eyes with the back of her hand and quickly wrung her fingers with shampoo and conditioner through her hair before climbing out quickly. She avoided looking in the bathroom mirror, not wanting to see her remorseful reflection and instead grabbed her towel and ran to her room where she silently composed herself and got dressed.