Delicate - Cordelia Goode

"(Y/N)?"
Was the first thing I heard when my body woke up.
I was surrounded by birds chirping, the wind howling against the probably half opened window, it's cold air hitting my feet like a soft, tender breeze.
I did not mind, it was so peaceful, I could have sworn that I woke up with a smile.

"Sweetheart, are you up?", Cordelia's raspy and yet so warmhearted voice called out for me.
I opened my eyes and slowly turned around, facing my door, which Cordelia closed behind her.
My smile grew even wider as she approached my bed, standing in front of my body.

The Supreme and I had been dating for quite a while now, we met in a library nearby and could not take our eyes off each other, it had been like we were both love struck at first sight. She invited me to move in and that is how I started my journey here, at the academy. I may not be a witch, but my empathy and spirituality fit perfectly well into this lifestyle and I can not complain.

Drowned in my own thoughts, I totally was not aware of me just staring at my beautiful girlfriend, until she snapped me out of it with a light chuckle.

"Huh... Oh y-yeah yeah, I am up. Goodmorning lovey.", was my only answer.

She shook her head smiling lightly and reached down to peck my lips for a short, sweet kiss:

"You know, today is Sunday, which means that we all have the whole day off...", she said.
"What are you implying to, Ms Goode?"
"Cuddles."
"Cuddles?", I was a bit confused about this being her only answer.
"Yes, (Y/N) (Y/L/N), cuddles. Only that, the whole day. I missed your touch, I've been working a lot lately.", she pouted and caressed my cheek.
I hummed and took her free hand, intertwining our fingers. I then scooted over a little, giving her access to the bedsheets I was covered in.
She took the hint and softly dropped into the bed, turning me around and spooning me from behind.
Cordelia usually was the big spoon, not because she was taller than me but because she always insists in taking care of me.

"Delia?"
"Hmm.."
"You know, I feel so safe under your touch, I could literally fall asleep again.", I chuckled.
We both laughed a bit, then she answered:
"That is the whole point, my sweet girl. You should know that you will always be safe when I am around. I just love you so much (Y/N) and I want to show you.", she answered, kissing my neck very gently.

I nuzzled my back even closer to her front as she wrapped her arms around me tightly.

With her, I felt so loved. With her, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world.
She was just so delicate,
and I grew into loving that about her, everyday, a little more.