"A new schoolyear, a new Marinette"

Meanwhile in the ✨bakery✨

Tikki slowly wakes up because of weird noises that sounded like paper and a struggling Marinette. She opened her eyes and screamed: "MARINETTE! What are you doing? Why are you ripping off those pictures of Adrien?"
"WHAAA!" Marinette startled and fell off her bed.

"Oh no, Marinette are you okay?"
"Yes I'm fine, I'm just really-"
"-clumsy" Tikki giggles. "I already know that, but what are you doing?"
Marinette looked at the pictures she took off and then looked back at Tikki.

"I was thinking, today we start a new schoolyear, maybe also a new Marinette! So maybe I have to move on and stop thinking about Adrien. Besides, I can better communicate with him when I see him as a friend."

Marinette didn't sound convinced, but still put the pictures away.
"I'm happy for you Marinette, I'm sure you are going to be good friends!"
Tikki said, even though she didn't want her to move on. She knows Adrien is in love with ladybug, but of course she couldn't tell her. She looked at the clock and gasped.

"Marinette you have to hurry, you are going to be late at school!"
"Oh no, not at my first school day! We have to go now." She takes the last picture of Adrien from the wall and throws it away. She ran downstairs and picked a croissant. Before she took a bite, she said goodbye to her parents and hurried.

Marinette arrived at school, she was relieved because it hasn't started yet.
"Right on time, Tikki, you see, I'm never too la-"
Marinette suddenly stopped. She saw Adrien, talking with a girl? She stared at them, figuring out who that girl is.

"Hey Marinette!"
Marinette screamed: "Whaaa!" She turned around. It was Alya. Before she could say something back, she get a hug from her best friend.

"Sooo, not over Adrien yet?"
Marinette started to stutter: "n-no, I mean yes, yes! I uhm-, I decided to move on! You know, it's better that we are just friends. By the way, do you know who that girl is over there?"

Alya giggled, "Oh honey, are u sure you aren't jealous?"
"NOO, of course not! She is just standing with Adrien, nothing more, I hope so."
"It's okay, we will figure out who this 'mysterieus' girl is."

When Marinette looked back at Adrien, her hart stopped when she made eye contact with him. He waved. Marinette's hands were shaking, but she was confident enough to wave back.
"Come on, let's go to your ✌️friend✌️ and his mysterious girl." Alya said.