Chapter 3: Silence In School

The group slowly looked around, admiring the now vast place they were to live in. Each ultimate found their lab and were ecstatic at what was inside. Maki was reluctant at first for people to go in her lab, but after some constant persuasion, relented.

When they had reached the top floor, they were satisfied by the academy and found it entertaining to explore.

"Good thing I tipped of the robot, or we wouldn't of found my lab!" Exclaimed Kokichi.

"If you count being thrown at the wall with the button, ya mean," Miu said. The spectacle still fresh in her mind.

After looking and going above to see Kaito's lab, they saw a white room in the distance.

"Seem Shuichi was busy this morning," commented Kaede.

"Indeed," answered Korekiyo as they climbed through.

Afterwards, back on the fifth floor, they explored Rantaro's lab; it was quite interesting. They also found the vault open.

"Pooichi opened this too? He's a lot cleverer than I thought!" Miu said. They saw the video on the laptop and were shocked.

"Ultimate Survivor?! Jeez, we got an expert here!" Cried Kaito.

Kirumi seemed thoughtful. "Saihara must've also watched it, as the vault was empty and the USB was already here. I wonder why he didn't stay and mention it at breakfast..."

"Maybe he wanted us to find it ourselves," Rantaro suggested.

They left to find themselves in front of the last door. The Ultimate Detective's Lab.

"This has to be his lab, since none of the other rooms were," Maki said as they approached it's door.

"And he's got to be here to," Tenko added. "I mean, we haven't seen him, unless he's gone back to his dorm. Degenerate male, not to come with us!"

As they stood by the door in a group, they were surprised to find such a unique security lock.

"Wow, its more high-tech than Angie's Lab's door," Kokichi said, examining it.

"Anything would be more high-tech. Cause it isn't technology idiot!" Miu replied.

"How do we get in?" Kaito wondered aloud. "I wanna see my trusty sidekick!"

"We all do," Ryoma said, rolling his eyes. Kaito's face reddened noticeably.

--------------------

The ultimates hadn't realised on the other side of the door, Shuichi was listening to them.

When they had come nearer to the lab, a laptop on the table's screen was showing footage of them. Shuichi had suspected that there were cameras outside so he could see.

'Weird..' He had thought. 'Tsumugi really put a lot of thought into this..'

He also picked up on the fact that he could unmute himself. So there was a microphone as well, huh.

Not wanting to draw more suspicion to the security lock, Shuichi shut down the computer and made his was towards the door, undoing the inside's sliding lock and stepped out. He made sure he took care in hiding the key and card somewhere on him beforehand.

------------------

"Hey, Shuichi you in there?" Called out Kaede.

"We've been shouting to the door for ages, let's just break it open," suggested Himiko.