#1 - One night in Dubai...

We flew a strikejet to Dubai for the start of the new season gala. It was today that I was supposed to be the official Supa Strikas player playing with the number 11. And of course the first ever female player in the Super League! I thought I was going to have a heart attack when the trainer gave me this wonderful news in front of the boys. I guess the nicest thing about that news was that I was going to be playing as a striker with Shakes and El Matador. Immediately I looked at the boy sitting next to him, who also admired the view outside the window. Jeez... He is really handsome when he sits so focused. 

 WHAT!? JESUS LAURA! GET YOURSELF TOGETHER! HE IS JUST A FRIEND AND TEAM MEMBER!

I quickly looked back to the window. Maybe I should at least try to move this relationship a little bit forward? Maybe he feels the same too? What if he uses me like his predecessors? So many questions, so few answers. Unexpectedly, the pilot's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

- Dear Supa Strikas! Welcome to Dubai! We're landing in 15 minutes. The current outside temperature is 28 degrees Celsius.

- It couldn't be higher!? My hair can't stand sweat! - El Matador whined. At which we all burst out laughing.

>>>>> Time Skip <<<<<

We rode a green limousine with the logo of the Sultan's team to the hotel. Of course, the hotel where we will be staying, like the rest of the teams, and where the gala will take place - also belongs to the Sultan's coach. I was admiring the charms of the city when I was prodded by the captain sitting next to me.

- Are you okay Laura? You are absent. - the Jamaican asked with a concerned smile.

- Yes, that's okay. I thought a little. - I replied and smiled.

- Is it stressful before the gala? - the blond sitting in front of me surveyed me.

- A little, but I have a huge hope to see sights of Dubai this time. - I quit a bit sadly, looking out the window.

- I thought you were here with your dad. I remember you saying during the holidays that you were going on a trip. - Immediately my face fell.

- No. We were supposed to come here after the season ended... We even booked tickets. Our priority was to make my dream come true, but then this accident happened. -  They looked at me sympathetically, and I felt tears welling up. I looked them away quickly.

- Sorry, I didn't know. - he added remorsefully.

- Stop it! It was gone you had to live on! Maybe one day I will fulfill them... - When we finished talking, our limo arrived at the hotel.

- Ooh! Paparazzi have gathered! - Cool Joe shouted irritably.

- Okay, I announce plan A! - I got up and turned to everyone.

- Yes, mrs general! - Everyone replied saluting at which I burst out laughing.

Before we left South Africa, we developed strategies for nosy reporters.

First of all: We go in a tight group so that the guys surround me on all sides so that no one can get to me before the evening.

Second: After entering the lobby, we quickly put down the saying hello and rush to the designated rooms so as not to compromise with any of the teams.