#5 - Dancing fountains, then an ice rink

We spent a long time on the terrace, admiring the illuminated city from above and taking some photos. Mainly, they were just pictures of the landscape, but we also had a few selfies. 😉

- All right, princess. We should go now. Otherwise all the other attractions that I have prepared will be lost. - He said, winking at me with charming smile.

- Other attractions? My holy God Shakes! Have you been crazy!? After all the mere admission to the observation deck must have cost a fortune! You didn't have to do that! - I said looking at him with perplexity. Yes, I think what he did was the most wonderful thing that ever happened to me. Besides a few more. But it must have cost a lot of money.

- Laura... It was my decision. And I wanted to help you make this dream come true because I love you. By the way...  We shared all cost with guys. Everyday we see how much you do for us. So today we have done something for you. - He gently stroked my cheek with his hand. - Now, we're going to the next place.

- But... I don't need to be blindfolded anymore? Right? - I asked and we both burst out laughing.

- No... of course not! - He laughed, taking my hand. After the emotions have subsided. We started walking towards the exit from Burj Khalifa.

The elevator descended slowly to the ground floor, and its darkened walls showed the decreasing number of floors. I felt a strange sensation in my stomach and my ears were sticking a little bit from the fast pace of the slide. I was still holding his warm hand. Somehow thanks to that, I didn't feel so much discomfort caused by my fear of heights. From what I noticed. He did not mind my touch or holding his hand at all.

- So where now? - I smiled a little. On the occasion interrupting the short-lived silence between us.

- You'll see... - he replied mysteriously looking at one of the screens.

At this point, the elevator stopped. We went outside. In front of us there was a square where we could saw the famous fountain show. When I was younger I always saw them in Las Vegas in front of hotel Bellagio, but not in Dubai.

- Can we see a show of "dancing" fountains? - I asked, looking at him with deep hope.

- Yes, of course. That's why we already had to exit from Burj Khalifa. - he pulled me slightly forward. - Let's go take some place by the railings.

There were already a lot of people around us. One guy in sunglasses (which was quite strange, especially was it's already dark) who stood next to us. Must have been lurking for me. Which did not go unnoticed by Shakes. He surrounding me with his hands at behind of my body and then grabbed both sides of railing. The stranger must have understood what he meant because he had gone to some group standing nearby.

Then music start playing and the water in the fountain began to dance. For the second time since my trip to Dubai, I discovered something beautiful. The fountains were magical! Streams of water jiggled and twisted to the beat of the music, squirting up into the sky at the climax of the piece. I sighed and snuggled even tighter into Shakes who standing behind me.

When the show was over. The audience applauded and then parted out, making space for another group of curious people. Overall it took quite a long time because everyone was pushing themselves among themselves. I was still cuddled up to the man, looking at this quite funny drama.

- How's your impression? - he asked, kissing me gently on my forehead.

- It was wonderful... - I smiled, turning back to him. - Where now we have to go?

- Well... From what I can see. We have reservations for tickets on 8 p.m. And now it's 7:30 p.m. So maybe we'll go eat something? Unless you're not hungry. - he offered, while looking at his smartphone's screen.