#9 - Let's laugh, cry and hug🤍

Shakes*

I had a swimming mask on my face and buckle the weight belt, surrounding me at the waist. I think that I will be the second guy in the pool, so I pretended earlier to be ready at my turn to jump into the tank. In my ears, I heard the wheezing sound of air inhaled and exhaled by me, as well as the sounds of the surroundings and guys' voices muffled by the swimming mask.

- Hey, Laura! Mermaids must be in the water, silly! Get back to your home! - I heard El Matador shout behind me. I turned surprised, seeing Laura and Spaniard standing next to the end of the platform, from which we were jumping to the tank.

- No, wait! I didn't close the maaaaaask! - She shouted as she flew into the water with a loud splash.

I felt a strange cold in my chest as my heart stopped for a while. Then in front of my eyes, I saw a slowed flashback of what just happened. She hasn't have closed her mask, which means she cannot breathe normally and that means...

Oh, man...

- EL MATADOR ARE YOU CRAZY!? - the whole team yelled at him, while I was staring at the water in stunned, hearing heart pounding in my ears. Then my eyes ere opened widened. Her mask was floating on the water's surface, but without her.

- LAURA! - I shouted while I quickly jumped into the cold water.

- Shakes Mon!/ Shakes, no!/ What are you doing!? - I heard the voices behind me, but now was too late to stop me. I was swimming underwater like crazy, plunging much deeper and deeper.

I looked around the tank's bottom, still taking quick and uneven breaths. Finally, I saw her in one of the darkened corners. Her eyes were closed and her mouth was slightly open, letting go of small bubbles of oxygen from her lungs. She wasn't moving which also confirmed that she unknowingly was releasing the remnants of the oxygen necessary for her to live. I swam to her smoothly, but I slowed for a minute when her eyes opened slightly and she gently extended her hand towards me, but after that, she again closed them and sank more to the bottom.

I took off her weight belt and put my arm around her waist. I felt how her body fell limp on me, her hands resting on my shoulders along with her head and loose long dark hair. We started to come to the surface, earlier taking off my waist the weight belt. I handed the guys the unconscious girl as soon as I felt a chill and no water on the tips of my hair. When I lost her body from my arms, I threw myself on the platform.

This whole weight belt was really heavy, not forgetting that I was swimming like crazy a few minutes ago. I took off the swimming mask and rolled over on my back panting hardly. Suddenly I heard a sound that allayed all my fears. - a soft womanly cough and gurgle of spit out water from the mouth.

North helped me up while I approached the guys standing nearby around someone. I sighed with relief. - Laura sat in the middle coughing up water with her wet hair stuck at her arms and face. All her minor body was shaking and dripping with water, makes her even smaller than usual.

- Relax, she's fine. She only swallowed a little water. - I felt a hand on my arm. I turned to saw Rasta who was standing behind me with a slight smile. - Good job...

- Thanks, cap. - I replied, wiping the water away from my forehead.

- Are you everyone okay? - Coach appeared behind us with a scared Prof standing next to him.

- Fortunately, everything is fine... - I said, looking at him for a while.

- Laura, how are you? - he asked, looking at a girl who was sitting on a metal platform, covering up herself with her hands while she was still shaking and coughing.