They'd eat you till you're bare.

A/N; this story used to be titled 'Is that me, it can not be' and the storyline was about Tommy's reflection killing him?? honestly dont get the storyline.. what was i trying to do in 2021??

Tommy does sometimes wake up, not ready to take on the world - and he'd want to stay in bed all day, with a pillow covering his ears- his thoughts.

And he tricks himself into thinking he is ill, he's sick for the day- or maybe two. Phil would come in, and ask why and he'd say, "I'm sick, I threw up in the night, my nose is all blocked," and for proof, he'd breathe in hard through his nose. Phil would believe him because Tommy does not lie. His mind is on autopilot when this happens, he sometimes forgets if he wakes up or not. But either way, Tommy would be sick. The blond wouldn't know why, and sometimes it isn't fun when it happens, because that means texting Tubbo; and Tubbo hates when Tommy isn't there - he'd text Tommy throughout the day, letting him know things that'll help him when he next goes to school.

And then he'd send a photo.

Of him and Dream, eating lunch together, along with the rest of the friend group. And he always captions them with cringey, sad messages. And sometimes Tommy does believe he is sick after looking at what he sends.

Sometimes they'd start a fight over Tommy not being at school and it'll end up with Dream messaging him to "Leave it, man. Tubbo's pissed but can you blame him? tbf u started it."

But did he really?

Not that he asks himself that, he apologises before he even thinks that; because Dream is always right.

***

But today is not one of those days.

Phil says that he's been at home for nearly a week, and Wilbur is going into small fits over it. Tommy shrugged it off because he was right. Tommy wasn't even ill in the first place, he'd go to school when he wanted. Like now. Definitely now. Tommy reached for his phone off his bedside table and squinted at the screen. He typed up his password before clicking on Tubbo's contact.

TOBY TUBS

You -

I'm coming to school today :D hoped u missed me

/j ik u dont

- TOBY TUBS

okay??? bro no need to tel me id know anyway when i see ur face

You -

Damn alr i was just saying, whats got u so pissy man

id tell dream but like he blocked me after what happened

- TOBY TUBS

I dont blame him and who says im pissy

ur the one messaging me dont expect me to be so excited

You -

I wasnt expecting anything jus letting ya know

- TOBY TUBS

Nahhh ur gud i was joking gud to have you back

Tommy smiled at the screen before placing it down and stretching, his bones POP! and Tommy is satisfied. The blond knew he was joking from the start, it was obvious. Tubbo would normally say this when Dream was around, leaving Tommy defenceless sometimes but Tommy gets it. He'd be shitting himself around Dream too.