Chapter 2

Val's POV

We go back into Jed's tow truck and he drives us to meet up with the person he was talking to on the phone.

After a few minutes, we arrive at some sort of pizzeria. There was also a guy in a white suit while wearing a white cowboy hat.

Jed stops the truck and both he and I step out.

"Howdy there, partner. My name is Tex, same as the state. Got the handle Macadoo. Welcome to Willy's Wonderland." The guy in the white suit, named Tex, greets me.

I stay quiet as I look at the pizzeria.

"Yeah, she don't talk much." Jed says.

"And I respect that. I enjoy a person of few words." Tex says.

I inspect the pizzeria more and notice a lot of graffiti and spray paint on the sides of the walls. This place looks abandoned.

"Well, business is not what it used to be, but I am fixing to reopen and make Willy's better than ever." Tex says.

I take my attention off the pizzeria and look at Tex.

"Anyway, enough horse sh*t. Here's my offer. You spend the night cleaning  Willy's Wonderland and I will pay to have your car fixed. I go on in tomorrow, you come out of there, and your ride will be ready for you right here. Deal?" Tex explains his offer before extending his hand out to me.

I glance back at the logo of the pizzeria, which shows Willy the Weasel and words that say "Willy's Wonderland" on it.

Should I really be doing this? I mean, my dad is probably going to get mad at me for bringing home a car with popped tires. It's worth the risk.

So I glance back at Tex and shake his hand.

"All right. Let's go inside." Tex says before walking towards the entrance of the pizzeria.

I follow behind him.

Jed says something under his breath, but I wasn't able to hear it.

Anyways, Tex and I step inside the pizzeria, and the whole place was a mess.

"Check this out." Tex says before grabbing a remote. He then turns on the TV that was near by.

The TV turns on and some sort of commercial is playing about Willy's Wonderland. All of the animatronics were introduced. There was, obviously, Willy the Weasel, Arty the Alligator, Siren Sara, Cammy the Chameleon, Gus Gorilla, Knighty knight, Ozzie Ostrich, and Tito the Turtle.

After a few seconds of watching it, Tex turns the TV off.

"We had some great times. Kids laughing, smiling, eating hot dogs, opening presents." Tex says as we walk deeper into the pizzeria.

In front of us stood the stage with all eight animatronics.

"You know the story, right? Well, some of these little bastards start crawling over the characters, they get hurt. A couple of lawsuits later from Mommy Safety Organizations and wham, we're out of business. Shut us right down." Tex explains before walking towards another section of the pizzeria.

I stare at Willy for a little bit before turning around to see where Tex went. But before I can go anywhere, I hear movement from behind me.

Could it be?

I quickly turn around to see everything as it was before.

It must have been my imagination playing tricks on me. But I think that weasel moved.

I let it slide and I follow after Tex.

Tex opens a door to a little room that holds all the cleaning supplies.

"This stuff oughta do the trick. Broom, mop, bucket, drain snake, Windex, rags, whatever you need, we got it." Tex says.

Tex then notices a stack of Willy's Wonderland t-shirts and grabs one of them. "Congradulations. You are officially on staff." He says while holding the shirt up to me.

After the tour of the pizzeria, Tex stands by the exit.

"Well, pal, it's gonna be dark soon. I'll be back in the morning with that car of yours dapper and ready to drive, or my name is not Tex Macadoo. Help yourself to whatever you can find in the kitchen. It's on the house. And be sure to take brakes. Always good to pace yourself. That's it. Good luck." Tex says before leaving the pizzeria.

He closes the door and I am left alone in this dark and abandoned-looking pizzeria with the animatronics.

So the first thing I do is go into the bathroom and put on one of the Willy's Wonderland t-shirts that Tex gave me.

I was about to grab the cleaning supplies, but I stop and put a timer on my phone for my break.

I still wish I had signal here. The only thing I can do on my phone is use the watch app, the camera, and other little things.

Speaking of camera, I decide to take a picture.

So I go towards the door and face my camera towards the stage and tables. I take the photo and look at it.

I wanted to do this so I can see the difference when I finish cleaning this whole place.

As I look a little closer, I notice that the animatronics are looking at the camera. It was like they were looking into my soul.

I get chills just by looking at this and walk towards the cleaning supply room.

Once I get the cleaning supplies I need, I start by turning on a few of the lights so it's not so dark. I then start cleaning the area by cleaning the pictures, sweeping the floor, and taking trash off the tables and putting them into trash bags.

As I pick up the trash, I feel like someone is staring at me. More like someones.

I look behind me to see the animatronics standing in their usual spots.

This place must be getting to me.

After cleaning a little bit of the main room, I enter the kitchen, only to see that it's a mess.

I start by checking for food. So far, I found a few pizzas and hot dogs. I also find a few sodas in the fridge.

At least I wont starve or get thirsty.

I decide to clean the kitchen first since I'm going to be in here for my breaks.

After a while of cleaning most of the kitchen, I go on to cleaning the dishes.

I turn on the sink faucet. It took a  few seconds, but the water soon came flowing out.

I was about to wash the dishes, but my timer went off, signaling that I need to take my first break.

And that's what I do.

I stop what I am doing and get a soda from the fridge. But before I do anything else, I put a timer on my phone so I know when my break is over.

I sit on a chair while drinking the soda. I also notice something covered under a cloth in the corner of the kitchen.

I walk over and remove the cloth. Under it stood an old pin ball machine.

My dad showed me one of these before, and I know the gist of how the game works.

I was going to inspect it some more, but my timer went off, signalling that my beak was over.

I grab the mop and other cleaning supplies before entering the main room, where the animatronics were.

I finish up cleaning up little things in the main room and start mopping the floor.

A few minutes pass with silence. But I stop mopping when I hear a light turn on. I look up and face the stage.

One of the lights was shining on Ozzie the Ostrich.

I don't think much of it continue with mopping the floor.

But I stop again when I hear something right behind me.