Shop 'til You Drop

After Friday's lesson, Lia took a moment as they loaded the equipment for a serious discussion with her last remaining student.

"Emma, I'm not sure if we'll be able to have our lesson on Monday. I may have to cancel."

"Can we reschedule?"

"I don't think so. I think everyone's going to find out who my friend is, very soon, and once they do I probably won't be able to give lessons on the beach anymore. We were out last night and some photos were taken. When people see them things are going to change a lot for me."

Emma, looking at her feet, said, "I know who he is. I saw his arm that day on the beach and googled 'male celebrity mermaid tattoo.' There were tons and tons of them, but I kept scrolling and then there he was, and I recognized his face and the exact tattoo. You're the luckiest woman in the world."

Lia was impressed by the matter-of-fact way the young woman discussed her relationship with one of the most sought after men on the planet.

"I don't know about that. It's definitely making my life complicated. Emma?"

"Yes?"

"I think one of the pictures from Thursday night is going to be a little risqué, and... well, I'm a bit uncomfortable with you, and my students in Paris, seeing it."

"It'll be ok, Lia. Anyone who really knows you will understand. You're not trashy."

Lia had to laugh at the girl's faith in her character. "Thank you, Emma. Look, what if you and I could meet somewhere and just sail now and then. No charge to your parents. I would really enjoy that. I'm staying between Pampelonne and your house. Maybe I could sail over and meet you?"

Emma's smile glowed wide and bright. "That would be awesome! I bet you're out on the point, in one of the big houses. That's not far from me at all." A devilish spark showed in her eyes. "I could always sail to you... if that would be more convenient."

"I wish so much that I could just have you come to the house, but I don't think that's possible. I promise I'll ask, though. Here's your mom, let me go tell her the bad news."

*****

"We're going to Cannes tomorrow."

"Hello to you too. Isn't it going to be really crowded on a Saturday, especially the day before the holiday?"

He followed her from the front door to his room.

"That's why we're going. The VIP Room photos will come out soon, if they haven't already. Paul thinks if we're seen being wholesome - his word - out in the open, the backlash from the hand in skirt thing won't be as bad. We're going to cruise the waterfront in the 'Vette and go shopping. You need some Gucci."

"Are you serious?"

"Absolutely. It'll be fun. Will you let me choose some clothes for you? I'd really like to."

"Harry, I think we're back to that thing."

"What thing?"

"The thing where I'm living the dream of millions of women... and men. Cruising and shopping la Croisette with you. Almost as good as sex with you."

She peeled off her bikini and walked to the bathroom.

"Do you need a shower too?"

He smiled, big. "Do you know, I think I just might."

*****

Planning for the trip was more complicated than Lia could have imagined. She and Harry would take the Corvette on their own with the three Musketeers and Louise following in a Rover. The stores they planned to visit had to be called, to make sure their own security was prepared. If the public knew Harry was at Gucci, the public would want to be at Gucci. Both in house as well as their own security would manage the situation.