No, Louise

"Are we going to sail when we get home?"

They were driving back, avoiding the highway, enjoying the scenery and the twisting back roads.

Jean-Christophe and Sophie had been very happy when Harry suggested taking photos with them by the bar; it would be a serious marketing boost. Two customers had approached them as they left. A middle aged man asked for an autograph for his daughter. Lia suspected that the woman in her forties who asked for an autograph for her daughter, and a picture 'to prove the signature was authentic,' didn't have any children at all.

"I want to go to the café and then sail. Will Mariam be working?"

Lia texted her, and got an immediate reply.

"Yes, she'll be there until six. Are you going to slurp coffee from my mouth?"

"Maybe. I like today. Spending the day with my best girl, driving in a cool car, eating good food. And we're not done yet. What a day." He looked like a little boy, completely happy with himself, as he bobbed his head to the music, singing and smiling.

" He looked like a little boy, completely happy with himself, as he bobbed his head to the music, singing and smiling

She said it. Not out loud, but she finally declared it clearly and irrefutably in her mind. 

I love him. My heart is exploding with love. I'm drowning in it. Consumed by it. I love him.

"Harry?"

"Yes, my peach."

"I want to sit on the back of the seat, like they do in movies. I can hook my feet under the lap belt. I want to feel like I'm flying."

"Ed'll have an aneurism, but it's been that kind of day."

It was everything she wanted, needed. Wind full on her body, dress ballooning around her, hair flying in every direction, she lifted her arms over her head and let out a joyous yell. She felt completely alive.

Until Ed started honking his horn behind them, and another car came into view. Lia slid down into her seat, breathless, beaming.

"You good?"

"So good. She looked sideways at him. "The wind was on my thighs, and I thought of that night. In the car. That was fucking amazing."

"Sitting up there just now, or that night?"

"Yes."

*****