Chapter 8: The Mission

The sound of your fist hitting the punching bag echoed through the gym. The mission was scheduled for tonight, but you couldn't seem to get any sleep. Everyone else was probably still in their rooms or upstairs, so you were alone in the gym. You were hitting the punching bag when a gust of wind nearly knocked you to your feet.

'What the fuck was that?' You thought to yourself. Turning around, you saw nothing but an empty room. Feeling uneasy, you conjured a fireball into your hand and looked around the room. You walked into the middle of the room and stopped. It was quiet. Extremely quiet.

Another gust of wind went by you, but you saw a flash of blue within it. You conjured a small tornado at the door to stop the speedster from leaving again. Your idea worked as you saw Pietro fall on his ass in the doorway. You couldn't help but to bust out in a fit of laughter seeing his stumped face.

"Not funny, Y/N," Pietro laughed, "That hurt a lot." You put out the fireball and ended the small tornado, still laughing at him. His hair was sticking up all over the place and he stood up rubbing his ass, hissing in pain.

"You deserved it trying to scare me like that," you laughed, "What are you doing up anyways?" He walked towards you slinging his arm over your shoulder making you walk with him out of the gym. "I was going to go for a run, and I saw you in here. Thought I'd try and scare you," he laughed and shook his head a bit, "I should've known you'd end up using your powers on me." You smacked him in his side, "Your sister does train me." He nodded, "That is very true."

You were at the elevator when he took his arm off your shoulder as you both stepped inside. "Wait where are we going?" you asked him. "We are going to go to breakfast. Wanda and Vision are making some food and after bruising my butt I want some," he laughed and ruffled your hair and you tried smacking his hand playfully, but he just started running around you in the elevator, laughing as he did. You tried stopping him with your powers, but you couldn't time it right.

The elevator doors opened to the dining room and you looked like you had been in the midst of a tornado. Your hair was a mess and your shirt had slightly risen from all the wind. Pietro stopped running and you went to punch him in the arm but in a moment he was already in the kitchen, nearly knocking over Wanda. You heard a spatula smacking skin and heard Pietro yelp. You laughed under your breath.

"Pietro! You could have ruined the food!" Wanda yelled, shaking a small spatula over a pan of eggs. You walked in, trying to fix your hair, "Morning Wanda, Vis." Vision and Wanda both gave you a smile and Vision spoke up "Good morning Y/N, care for some coffee? I've prepared it myself." You looked over to the three fresh pots of coffee, ready for every one of the Avengers. "I'd love one, thank you Vis."

You sat down at the table, pulling out your phone and seeing a text from Peter:

"Good Morning Y/N, can't wait to see you later."

It made you smile. You set your phone down as Vision brought you a large cup of coffee, just how you preferred it. As you were taking a sip, the rest of the Avengers came flooding into the dining room, followed by a very irritated looking Nick Fury.

Everyone grabbed a cup of coffee and sat at the table, chatting amongst each other. Peter sat down next to you and gave you a kiss on the cheek. "Morning Pete."

"Morning Y/N." You both smiled at each other and seemed to get lost in one another for a moment. That was, until Fury spoke up...loudly to catch everyone's attention.

"I'm just gonna assume that everyone is prepared for this mission and knows exactly what they need to do," Fury said as he looked around at everyone seated. He went over all the mission details, despite his initial statement and once he was finished, everyone ate some breakfast.