t w e l v e

"mrs. kim, you have some visitors," the nurse chimed as she lightly knocked on the door before letting herself inside.

"jaeho, hi!" taehyung's mom positively beamed as she watched her son enter with his hands behind his back.

"and jimin! don't forget your favorite son," the blonde pouted as he followed behind taehyung.

"of course i wouldn't," taehyung's mom laughed as she waved the two over, "you're too special to forget."

taehyung pouted as he sat beside his mom's bed, revealing the golden sunflowers tied into a pretty bouquet.

"i heard you were doing really well with physical therapy, so i wanted to surprise you."

taehyung's mom graciously accepted the bouquet, cradling it in her arms as she looked at taehyung with adoration.

"they represent happiness and positivity, so i thought they'd be perfect for you, mom."

"thank you so much," taehyung's mom chimed as she rested her palm on his cheek, "they're beautiful."

"you knew, didn't you? about... jisoo?" taehyung asked as he mindlessly stirred his pudding with a spoon.

taehyung and jimin had spent over an hour catching up with the younger's mom before bidding their goodbyes and stopping by the hospital's cafeteria to purchase some snacks.

jimin grimaced at the question, slowly nodding before taking a bite of his jello.

"i think it was about the tenth year after you were reborn. i was watching over you as usual and i noticed you ran into a girl while you were running across the playground. i don't think you were developed enough at the time, but i could tell right away that it was jisoo– or euna in this lifetime."

"so today you purposefully led me to the flower shop she works at?"

jimin nodded again as he set down his spoon.

"the day when you first met her, you were blindly racing towards the swings that you didn't notice her picking dandelions from the grass. after i realized that it was jisoo, i promised to look over her too for your sake."

"it was strange hearing everyone call you by jaeho, but i knew my taehyung would kick my ass if he knew i lost sight of jisoo before he officially met her," jimin revealed with an affectionate smile.