f o u r t e e n

"when did you realize you were taehyung?" jimin asked in a hushed tone. if anyone were to overhear their conversation, they'd think they were both insane.

"it was... weird. i think she felt something before i did. we made eye contact once and suddenly we were staring at each other. the atmosphere changed and i took a 180 from completely normal to lightheaded and anxious."

"once we accidentally brushed hands when she handed me the flowers, everything flooded back to me all at once and i felt like i would pass out then and there from the overwhelming memories."

taehyung's voice faltered as he neared the end of the story, barely having the appetite for his abandoned pudding anymore. beside him, jimin nodded attentively as he offered a comforting gaze.

"she asked if she knew me before and i felt so much hope. i was so happy that, finally, i could meet jisoo in the real physical world and talk about everything we missed."

"but when i called her by her name, she looked so out of place as if she didn't know who that was. she...  she said that i had the wrong person.

"i was so close. she was right there in front of me and she couldn't even remember who i was– who we were together."

jimin reached out a hand to place on taehyung's shoulder.

"but she said you were familiar, didn't she? don't lose hope, taehyung. you were able to get your memory back immediately, but it may take her some time to realize. after all, she did have a tragic early end to her past life." jimin's voice trailed off as he gauged taehyung's emotions, not wanting to add any more distress to his friend.

"you're right," taehyung suddenly announced as he got himself together, "there's no point sitting here doing nothing. tomorrow, i'll go back to the flower shop."

"i'll come back everyday until she remembers. and at that point, i'll welcome her back with open arms."