thirty-four

harry styles

When I get to the house, Olivia is nowhere to be found. I panic slightly until I realize that she's probably spending time with her sister Arielle, so I whip my phone out to send her a text.

H: what time are you gonna get home?

Read

I wait and I wait and I wait, and no response. I let out a defeated sigh, thinking about the most worst-case scenarios in my head. Is she pushing me away? Have I been too much to her? Too soon? Fucking hell, I always ruin everything.

I glance at the clock on my bedside table to see the big red numbers illuminating off of it, 8:57 pm.

It was dark out, the sun setting hours ago, and still no response from her. I let my shoulders slump on the bed and my hands find it's way onto my head, trying to calm it down from all of my irrational, scared thoughts.

Suddenly, I hear chattering down the hall and out in the living room, so I slowly get up and peek my head out the door to check. I couldn't see anyone but I could hear lots of laughter and women's voices.

....did they bring girls back here?

No fucking way they did.

I'd kill them before they'd even get the chance to step foot into the flat.

I walk into the hall and the first thing I see is the back of the head of a brunette girl, which I do not know.

Their laughter comes to an abrupt stop and I hear someone call out for me from behind, wrapping their arms around me and I immediately know it's Olivia.

"Hi! Sorry, we just got back, I brought Arielle too!" she beams and the brunette girl turns to me with wide eyes. She smiles shyly and I can't help but laugh lightly at her nervous aura.

She's never nervous when she's around me, but around the guys? Total shy type.

"Hi Ar," I smile at her.

"Hi," she says, her eyes not on me at all.

"She's not gonna stay the night, don't worry." Olivia reassures, kissing my cheek and sitting on my lap as I nod at her. "I just thought it would be nice if she met the guys, like actually met them."

I nod again, squeezing her closer to me as I trace patterns on her skin.

"Did you just get back?" I whisper to her and she nods, pointing at the duffle bag stuffed entirely with clothing, a piece of cloth sticking out of the zipper as it isn't zipped up properly. She smiles up at me, her blue eyes looking into my green ones.

"Did you bring your entire house in there Olive? The kitchen sink in there too?" I tease, pointing at her almost exploding duffle bag and she throws her head back in a laugh.

"Couldn't help it, I just wanna stay here forever." she jokes, wiggling her brows at me and I feel my heart burst. The words coming out of my mouth roll off my tongue quickly, and before I could stop it, I could feel her tense below me.

"Then stay here," I say, Olivia's eyes wide as we detached ourselves from the conversation the group was having.

"Not now Harry, we'll talk about this later," she says, clearing her throat and putting her attention back to the group. I nod, hoping she'd actually consider moving in with me but not trying to lead my brain into a string of false hope.

I continue to trace patterns onto her skin, not really indulging in conversations with the guys or Arielle, hoping that I didn't come off as rude.

"Oh yeah, we did some recordings today! Harry kinda mentored over everything whenever he wasn't glued to his phone, wonder why." my attention turns back to the group as Niall teases me, and all eyes are on me and the blonde angel perched onto my lap. Her cheeks glow red and all I can do is stifle out a laugh.