Chapter 4: The New Beginning

Everything dark. I don't remember much right after I got shot. All I remember is jumping, a gun shot, and then everything going black. Oh yes, the pain in my upper right part of the body. But that is all.

                I wake up in a bed. I look over and there I see a candle burning, a plate with some food. Its still steaming, or was it just my eyes playing tricks on me? I look the other way, everything is blurry and every movement causing terrible pain. A man about 40 sits on a chair, facing me and reading something. I look around and see and fire place burning, and a lady cooking something. I try to sit up and feel explosive pain near my spine. I groan and the man looks at me.

               "Marry, he is awake!" He says to the woman, "You feeling ok son? How do you feel?" Before I can answer I blackout again.

                I have no dream and all I see is darkness. Like whatever is to be is extremely dark and dangerous. I can feel the pain through the coma. Than it stops, but no dream comes. Everything is as dark as before.

               I wake up again and see everything much clearer. The man is looking at me again.

               "You're back. I was worried you didn't make it. You were out for 2 months since we found you. You woke up only once! How you feeling?" He asks.

               "I'm good. Sorry if I caused trouble." I say and realize I didn't introduce my self. "My name is Edgar..." I say. I nearly said of the Madrid Creed, the formal way. I look at the two people, their eyes filled with light. They are good people, I could tell. Will they stop caring for me if I told them?

                "Oh! I'm Joseph, this is my wife Marry." The same woman who was standing by the fire is next to Joseph. She smiles at me but than left when someone knocks on the door. "You're in Venice." He says, "We found you on the shore of the canal entrance." He says with a smile.

               "Oh. Thank you." I sit up slowly. I feel no pain and look at my ribs. A white bandage in covering much of my ribs and my right shoulder. The bandage was somewhat covered in blood. I look at Joseph. "Did you do this?"

                "Me? No! My wife did. She is a doctor." He says. I look around. The fire burning, the food on the table still hot. "You must be hungry." He says when I look at the food. He takes the plate with soup, garlic bread, and fish with spaghetti, and gives it to me. I slowly eat. Joseph leaves the room when I start to eat. I follow him with my eyes. When he leaves the room I get back to the food. I finish the fish and spaghetti pretty fast, and eat the soup with the garlic bread. I put the plate with the fork and the knife on the table as Joseph walks in with a cup and gives it to me. I take it and look at him. "It's coffee. Don't worry." He says when I look at him with a wondering look.

                "Thank you." I say. He starts to leave but I stop him with a question. "Ugh, where are my clothes?"

               "Your clothes?" I nod, "They are on the chair, over there." He says pointing at the far corner.

               "Thank you. Again." I look at him.

               "When you're done place it on the table and try to rest if you can." He leaves the room. I drink the coffee watching the fire. The wood cracks. I look at the window and notice it's night. I finish the coffee and place it on the table next to the plate. Moving the sheets I sit up onto the edge of the bed. My legs and most of body lost most of the muscle. I push up with my hands setting my self on my feet and walk over to the chair by the fire slowly and sit down. The fire heat reached me warming my body. I look at the chair by the far window. It never looked this far away, and the longer I watch the farther it gets.

              I get up and walk to it slowly and picking up the clothes. A cotton shirt and standard pants, a black jacket. These weren't my clothes, but I didn't argue. I put the clothes on. They fit me perfectly. I find one of my hidden blades underneath them. They knew, but still took care of me. I wanted to wonder why but that was not that important to me for now. I put in on over the jacket and it almost becomes invisible. Almost. I take a step towards the window and lean on it looking out the window and then climb out on to the roof. I sit there. I move my shoulder and twist my body a little waiting for pain to explode in my back or ribs, then punch the brick chimney next to me. No pain. But much weaker.

I will make my move. I will come back. And this time, much stronger.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER. MY IMAGINATION HAS BEEN DOWN LATELY. IT TOOK A LOT OF THOUGHT AND ENERGY TO MAKE IT. I HOPE YOU GUYS WILL LIKE IT.