Chapter 5: The Memory

I look at the moon. I remember Oscars death, how I was blamed for everything. My brain worked trying to put everything together. I could feel that the reason for Oscars death was inside the creed but an assassin doesn't kill an assassin without a major reason, it's a law. The one who killed Oscar was directed by someone within the creed. I tried to remember everyone I could and trying to find out the trader. "Erin, Edward, Eriz... Eric..." I froze. "He stood and watched the fight over who killed Oscar. He didn't move an inch. He stood away from the crowd trying to hide. No. He was the Second Man. He would never. But at the same time. Only he knew all of the secrets that Oscar knew. And the book." My eyes widened. "The book!" I said as I jumped up to my legs. I remembered Eriz asking for it. "What if he was the one?"

               Before I can start another thought I heard the owner. "Uhh, Edgar, where are you?" He looks out the window and looks up. "Oh, there you are. What are you doing up there."

               "I'm... Thinking." I say trying to put together the right words. "Sorry, I had wanted to see the moon and get fresh air. Sorry sir." I jump down on the out plank and walk into through the window.

               Joseph looks at me examining my expression, as if he was reading my soul. "Something is troubling you. What is it?"

               "I need to know who did this to me." I show him my bandaged ribs and shoulders. "I know it wasn't an accident."

               "Don't worry son, you will, but now rest, if you want to fully heal, you need rest." I nod and he walks out the room. I sit on the bed wondering. The fire was calmly burning, the wood cracked, sparks flew everywhere. I walk to the window, the planks creak under my step. I walk up to the window and feel the cool breeze blow into the room but turn to warm air as it comes near the fire. I look up at the moon that is now gone behind the dark clouds. I hold out my hand and feel the pure cold air, and than I feel the rain drops. Cold, sharp, and small. Every drop makes my skin feel fresh once again. In several seconds the rain starts hard. I take a deep breath of the moist, clean, cool air and take a few steps back. The fire was still burning bright. I take a step towards it and close the steel door causing much less heat to leave. Once I do so I feel the cold air rush in. With that I walk to my bed, but still I sit on the edge.

               Half an hour later I lay down on the the mattress and close my eyes. I finally feel tired and I fell asleep fast. My dream was of that whole day. I woke up in my dream and it started all over again. I was reliving that day. I could feel the pain, I felt tired. I felt the cold water pf the ocean. And I saw my self as if someone was looking at me the whole time I was unconscious. I relived everything. I knew everything.

SORRY GUS FOR SUCH A SHORT CHAPTER. I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY LATELY. AND MY BRAIN HAS BEEN TURNED OFF. THIS WAS THE BEST THING I CAN DO RIGHT NOW. I WILL TRY TO MAKE THE NEXT CHAPTER MUCH BETTER.