Chapter 6: The Meet

My blood boiled. I felt anger. Than, everything stopped.

                I wake up when Joseph opens the squeaky door. His head popped in and he examined me. "You look... better. You look healthier." He says. I look at him confused. "Your face is not pale anymore. Your eyes are lighter." He explains and I nod as if understanding. He smiles. "When you're ready come out. The food is ready." He leaves the room.

                I get up and put my clothes on. The furnace is opened again and the fire is going again. I walk to the window and take a breath. The rain has stopped but the air is still clean and fresh. I look down and see only one or two people walking through the streets walking a donkey. "To the market I think." I look the way the two people walk. I back away from the window and walk towards the door.

               I push the door and see a staircase. Across the door I see a mirror. I look and see my face all in scratches. I take my shirt off and take the bandage off. My ribs are red around the scar. I pull my shirt on once again and walk back into the room and throw the bandage in the furnace. I walk back out the door and down the stairs into the dining or what other room it led to.

               As I walk off the stairs I see Joseph sitting at a wooden table eating meat and some potatoes with beans. I walk out a bit further and see that they have some more tables with other people eating at them. Mary was in the kitchen cooking something. I could smell beef, with fresh water mint, and some other cooking spices I smelled when in Madrid, also I smelled potatoes with garlic, and the smell of fresh mushroom. I looked around the large room, people were talking, eating, laughing. The room too had a fire place, but this one was much larger. There were about 10 people in the room, but again, it was very early and not many would be up right now. I walk over to Joseph and sit in a chair across from him.

               "Oh, there you are!" He exclaimed. He motioned Marry over and she came with a plate that had the same exact contents than Joseph, along with that she put a cup of tea next to me.

               "Good morning Edgar. How you feeling?" She asked as she places the plate down.

               "Good. Thank you Marry." She smiled and walked back to the kitchen. I silently eat my food taking small sips of the tea. Joseph watches me the whole time I eat.

               "Were you in the army?" He asks after some time.

               I stop eating and look up. "No. Not the army." He nods as if understanding. I keep eating but much slower. The whole time I eat I look around and examine the room trying to get every detail. The building must have been new because the walls were freshly painted, the ceiling was made of good wood. The floor was made of fresh wood. The fire place was made of dark stone and the fire seemed to be bigger and seemed to release less light.

               I looked at the fire some more and after a minute got back to finishing the meat and the few potatoes. I ate them fast and got up once I finished. I brought the plate to the kitchen and gave it to Marry. I gulped the tea down in two gulps and gave the cup to her as well.

               "Thank you. The food was good." I say.

               "You're welcome." She replies as she washed the plates. The oven was on and I smelled the pie in there. I look over and see food on plates on the counter and there was still come cooking in the pans and pots on the stove. I turn away from all the smells and walk towards the door walking around tables, chairs, people, into the loud street.

               The as I enter the street it's filled with people, and looks nothing like what I saw when I woke up. The merchants were still walking through, but there were also guards, couples, kids, and dogs running or walking around. I walk with the crowd towards the market area. But a block away from the it I stop, and look around. The feeling of danger flickered inside of me and I turn left into an almost empty alley, when I hear a voice from the shadows

               "Hello Edgar. Haven't seen you in a while." He says as he walks out of the shadows.

               My blade flicks out. "Who are you?" I ask my eyes trying to focus on the figure in the shadows.

               The man chuckles "Put the blade away. You know me well." He says. He walks out of the shadows. "It's me, Edward." He says as he walks out into the light.

SORRY GUYS, IM GOING THROUGH SOME THINGS IN MY LIFE, AND NOW I WILL BE  AWAY FOR SOME TIME SO I WONT BE DOING MUCH ON HERE, BUT I WILL BE PUTTING A CHAPTER OUT FROM TIME TO TIME, BUT IT WONT BE AS FREQUENT AS THE FIRST SEVERAL ONES.