Chapter 30- Take Me Back...Please?

Jasmine's POV

"What is it?" Niall asked, poking the dead creature's cheek.

"And how did you do that?" I asked.

Meg sat down scanning the room, "I'm a witch. Yes, I know who you all are. Don't worry, I'm on your side."

"Why didn't you tell us?" Liam question.

"Because I wanted to get to know you guys first." she admitted.

"To be honest, I really didn't see that coming." Carlos stated.

"And that," Meg pointed to the dead creature on the floor. "Is a hybrid. I've never seen anything like it before. Someone extremely powerful creature these. They're part demon, werewolf, and some other things that I've never heard of."

"We've got a big problem on our hands." Louis sighed.

"We've gotta figure out who created these and out in end to it."  I said.

"I'm afraid it isn't that easy dear. As I said before, whoever made these hybrids are really powerful, we can't kill someone that's extremely powerful. We'll lose too many people." Meg replied.

"But if we don't put an end to this, they'll just keep coming after us." Jacob reasoned.

"We defiantly have to do something, we just have to figure out what to do." Harry added.

"The first thing we need to do is find out who is making all of these hybrids and sending them after us." Meg informed us.

"How do we do that?" I asked.

"There's got to be some kind of clue. We just have to look hard enough. Why don't one of you give Zayn a call and get the others over here to help." Meg suggested.

"I'll go over there and get them." I volunteered. I wanted to talk to Zayn...if he'll give me a chance.

Louis gave me a surprised look then mumbled, "Be careful." before I walked out. As I walked next door to the house, I ran through every possible scenario that could happen, most of them were bad.

I took a deep breath before opening the door and walking in. Leah and Claude were sitting on the couch, watching Toy Story. I heard a familiar voice talking to Zayn. I followed it into the kitchen to see Tessa sitting at the table, eating a sandwich while Zayn paced back and forth.

"You really should forgive her. She wa- oh hi Jas." Tessa smiled.

"Sorry to interrupt but we need you all next door." I stated, avoiding eye contact with Zayn.

***

After our little meeting, everyone said their goodbyes to Meg and I and started to file out of the house. Before I could comprehend what I was about to do, I reached out and grabbed Zayn's hand.

"Could we talk for a minute?" I asked, my skin igniting from his touch. He looked at me then at our hands, his face softened before he nodded.

Thank the lord!

"I'm going over to your house with the others. Head on over when you two are ready." Meg smiled, giving us space to try to work this out.

"Ok, thanks." Zayn gave her a warm smile. Seconds later, everyone was out of the house, leaving Zayn and I alone. Zayn pulled his hand away, backing up a bit and shoving his hands in his pockets. He rocked back and forth on his heels.

"I don't know where to begin." I mumbled.

"Start anywhere." he suggested. This was the first decent conversation we've had since everything happened. It felt nice.

"I'm so sorry, Zayn. I love you and I never met for this to happen, I-" I began but was cut off by Zayn's lips crashing onto mine. I gasped and practically melted in his arms. I felt tears slid down my cheeks, tears of joy of course but I ignored them. I cherished the moment, never wanting it to end. I thought that this would never happen again.

Zayn pulled away and looked at me as a beautiful smile spread across his face, "Why are you crying, love?"

"Because I never thought you'd kiss me again." I admitted. Zayn kissed away the tears.

"I love you, Jas." he whispered.

"I love you, Zayn."

"Please just promise that you won't do that again." he begged, referring to what happened between Jacob and I.

"I promise."

"I'm sorry too. I should've listened to you when all of this happened." Zayn sighed.

"I don't blame you, I messed up." I stated.

"That doesn't matter anymore. Let's go back home." he smiled, intertwining our fingers as we walked out.

I can't believe this was happening. He forgave me after all I've put him through. But then again, he's put me through hell too. And that's why I believe we were made for each other. We're so toxic to each other but I couldn't live without him and I know he couldn't live without me. And that's one of the best feelings in the world.

A/N: Sorry this was a.bit of a scrappy chapter.
~Haley