Chapter 29- Under Attack

Jasmine's POV

Dear Diary,

I've been asking myself the sane question over and over again the past week: how do you keep going when the worst things have happened? I have been through so much. I have put the people I love through so much. It just keeps getting harder, the blows just keep getting worse. You'd think I would be numb to it all by now but I'm not. The pain I'm feeling right now is worse than the pain I felt when Zayn died. Because knowing that he's alive but so far way like he isn't here hurts more than him not being alive. I managed to fuck every good thing in my life up. I hate myself for screwing it up. I didn't just hurt myself, I hurt my son, Zayn, Jacob, Liam, Louis, Niall and Harry. Fixing something that's broken beyond beyond repair is harder than finding a needle in a haystack. Life is a balance of holding on and letting go. Holding on to something is easy but the hard part is knowing and accepting what you have to let go of. Pain is extremely hard to let go of. I know that Zayn isn't the type to let go of things and forgive people, which scares me. I really need him to forgive me. I have to find a way to get Zayn to talk to me.

I closed my diary, putting it back into my suitcase. There was a knock on the door. I jogged over to open it.

"Would you mind helping me make dinner?" Meg asked.

"Yeah of course!" I smiled, following Meg into her kitchen. "What are we making?"

"Lasagna."

"Yummy!" I smirked. I began to cook the meat in a frying pain over the stove while Meg put the pasta in a glass pan, pouring tomato sauce over it. As we cooked our dinner, I couldn't help but smile at Meg humming along to the radio. She was the type of person who brought joy and happiness everywhere they went. She didn't have a mean bone in her body. And I admired that about her. I wish I could just open up to her and tell her everything but she'd think in was crazy. And I'm not really supposed to expose us.

I have to admit, cooking dinner with Meg was peaceful. We didn't talk, we just enjoyed each other's company. The silence wasn't awkward, more like comfortable. Back at home-the house I never really cooked the meals because Clare and Harry usually did that so it was nice to be able to cook a meal for once.

I turned around to stir the hamburger. In the blink of an eye, strong hands viciously grabbed a hold of my neck with one hand, covering my mouth with the other. I screamed, kicking the attacker's leg but they didn't budge.

I was worried about Meg! She didn't know anything about the supernatural world, she was defenseless! The thought of Meg getting hurt gave me the strength to push the man off of me. At first, there was only one man, now there were at least another four guys. There was only one girl though. I quickly observed them, trying to figure out what type of creature they were but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. They must've been some type of hybrid...one I've never seen before.

The men closed around Meg and I. I had no clue what they were so I didn't know how to defend myself from them. This was going to be very difficult...

Not knowing what else to do, I kicked the tallest guy in the balls. He winced but didn't seem to be too effected by it. "You're gonna pay for that, kid." he growled. Next thing I knew, two of the creatures picked Meg up by her fragile arms and carried his into another room as the kicked and screamed, begging them to put her down.

"Meg!" I yelled, trying to run towards her but the other three held me back, pinning me up against the wall.

What have I done?!

The only girl, walked close to me and stopped only centimeters away from my face, "You missed out on all the fun last night." she hissed, a cruel smirk playing on her lips. "You should've heard the way I made Zayn moan."