Chapter 23- Turning

Liam's POV

"It's been a long time since someone has helped me carry in my groceries." Meg reminisced as I carried her grocery bags for her. I set the rest of the bags on her kitchen counter.

"It's my pleasure ma'am. If you don't mind me asking, where's your son at that you've mentioned before?" I asked, curiously. Meg looked down at the ground, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have-"

"No, it's fine. I-it's been thirty-three years..." her eyes immediately glossed over. "When he was 20, he wanted to be like his father. So he joined the Navy. It w-wasn't long until I go-got the letter." Meg's voice was shaky.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered.

We've been living in the new house for about three weeks and we've gotten to know Meg pretty well. She's such a nice lady. The worst things seem to happen to the best people.

***

"We'll be back around the usual time." Niall assured us. The full moon would come out in about an hour. So all of the werewolves, Niall(hybrid), Clare, Ty, Tessa, Connor, and Leah had to go into the woods by our new house and turn.

Jas walked up to Niall and hugged him, like she always did before he turned. Niall kissed her forehead. I couldn't help but get a bit jealous.

"Stay safe you guys." Jas said.

"We always are." Connor smiled, hugging her. Sometimes I think Connor likes Jas more than just his best friend...

Connor, Nialler, Clare, Ty, Tessa, and Leah headed to the woods.

Zayn's POV

"Yeah. Yes. Okay. I'll be home soon." I answered Jas.

"Okay."

"I love you." I reminded her.

"I love you too." Jas replied before I hung up the phone and slid it back into my pocket. I was out at a small local store called, "Sally's Shoppe" a bit cheesy if you ask me but it had what I needed. I grabbed two bottles of laundry soap and detergent along with some milk before walking to the check out.

The cashier was a man with short, blonde hair. He was a bit taller than me. As he was scanning my items when he looked up at me. A shocked look came across his face.

"You're Zayn Malik from One Direction." he smirked. I was pretty sure he was going to insult me but he did the opposite. "I really like your band. M-my sister is a huge fan. You're actually her favorite. Do you think I could get your autograph for her?"

I smiled, I loved seeing fans, it keeps me going. "Of course." The cashier quickly found a piece of paper and a pen, handing it to me. "What's your sister's name?" I asked.

"Mia. She's actually trying to become a singer."

I wrote: 

Mia,

Never give up on your dreams. I'll be the first to buy your album. Good luck beautiful.
-Zayn Malik

I handed the pen and paper back to him. "This is so generous. Thank you so much, she'll love it."

"No problem. Anything for a fan." I smiled. "What's your name?"

"Adam."

"It's nice to meet you."

"You too. Oh by the way, your total will be $17.37."  Adam informed me.

I handed him a twenty dollar bill, "Keep the change. It was nice meeting you." I smiled, waving before I walked out of the store. I popped open the trunk of my car, setting the bags in it.