Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs regarding SuperWinners:

Who are SuperWinners?

The panel of judges will pick 3 SuperWinners in 1st place, 2nd place, and 3rd place who will win the SuperWinners cash prize.

Will SuperWinners be picked in all the categories?

No, SuperWinners will only be picked from the eligible submissions received in the categories Matters of Heart, That Secret Quest, and Don't Scare Us.

Does this mean there will be 1 SuperWinner from all three eligible categories?

Not necessarily. The 3 overall SuperWinners will be picked from all the eligible submissions received in the above-mentioned categories. They may all be from any one category or from different categories.

Are there any special eligibility criteria for SuperWinners?

Yes, your story must have a minimum of 50,000 words to be eligible for the SuperWinners prize.

Other FAQs:

How to submit my story for Wattpad India Awards 2021?

You need to write the story on Wattpad and submit it for the awards via the submission form which will be shared here on 1st October 2021.

Does my story need to be written in 2021?

No, stories written in any year are eligible for the awards.

How many parts does my story need to have? Is there a minimum amount of words that the story needs to have?

The minimum word count for all the categories can be found in the Eligibility Criteria chapter. Please note that the word count does not include the author's note and similar stuff. The story can have any number of parts.

Does my story need to be completed to be eligible?

Yes, only completed stories are eligible to enter Wattpad India Awards 2021. (Exception: Poetry) Make sure your story is also marked 'Completed' on Wattpad to be eligible.

Can I submit:

More than one story?

Yes, you can enter as many stories as you like as long as they fulfil all the eligibility criteria. Make sure you fill separate forms for each of the stories.

If I've won a Wattys or Wattpad India Awards or Wattpad Campus Superwriters?

Yes, you as a writer can enter the Wattpad India Awards 2021 but you cannot enter the same story which has won in those contests.

A story I co-wrote with another writer?

Yes, group or collaborative stories are eligible. However, the award itself will only be presented to the account the story is published on.

A mature story?

Yes. Remember: stories must abide by Wattpad's Content Guidelines

A translation of a story someone else wrote?

No, the story needs to be your own.

Does my story need to be exclusively available on Wattpad?

In case of a winning story that is available on other storytelling platforms, Wattpad reserves the right to ask that the story be made exclusive to Wattpad.

What are the award categories this year?

Kindly check out the 'Award Categories' chapter

Why are different genres merged into 3 categories this year?

The various genres are merged into categories so that we can include more genres in the awards.

My language isn't included. Can I still enter?

While Wattpad India Awards is committed to celebrating the best in storytelling around India, we're also committed to creating the best awards experience possible. This means that we aren't able to review submissions in every Indian language. We are hard at work to expand our reach for future editions of Wattpad India Awards.

Can I participate in other contests too?

Yes, participating in Wattpad India Awards 2021 doesn't prevent you from entering other Wattpad contests and activities.

CHECK OUT THE OTHER CHAPTERS FOR MORE INFORMATION.