When am I not hungry

"Ugh, whatever" Rachel said to Jason. "Dick where are we going?" she asked him, "I thought it was obvious, I mean, this bridge has been in a ton of movies," he said as we went over the golden gate bridge. "Yeah, but where exactly?" Gar asked him, "you'll see," Dick said back to him. "Jeez Dick, you know I hate surprises," I said to him. As we crossed over the very big golden gate bridge, I hadn't realized how big it was until now.

***

After about another hour of driving, we arrived at a tall building. We grabbed our bags and went inside and got in the elevator. The elevator dinged when we got to the top, the doors opened to reveal a huge house-sized apartment. 

"Whoa," I said as I walked out into the room. I looked back at Dick and he nodded to me so we could go explore. Jason went to the left and gar went to the right, Rachel said to talk to Dick so I went to the kitchen to grab a snack cause I was hungry, but I thought to myself 'when am I not hungry. I chuckled as I grabbed a small bag of chips then I went to go see what was down the hall Jason had gone down. As I was about to turn down the hall I looked at Dick who was looking at me with an amused look on his face, "what?" I asked him "nothing" I kept walking and thinking he was probably just noticing how the first thing I did was grab a snack.

"You gotta be fucking kidding me" I heard Jason say as I turned the corner, "wow, that's a nice training gym," I said as I walked up beside him "Jesus Christ," he said as he jumped. "Did I scare you?'' I asked him. He just gave me a look, "why are you eating?" he asked me. "Because I'm hungry!" I said to him, he knew my answer but I think he just wanted to talk. "Hey I'm sorry about the whole me disappearing thing," he said apologetically, "it's okay, I just wish you would have called, Jason, I was worried about you," I told him. "I won't do it again"

"You better not," I said back to him" I walked over to him and hugged him, "I'm just glad your okay" he hugged me back, I pulled back and held his hands, "I did miss you though, it was kinda boring without you and your dumb little comments" he chuckled. "Yeah, well I missed you too" I looked at him and noticed he was staring at me, but his eyes were soft and I could tell he was happy to see me again. I noticed he was moving his head the slightest bit closer to mine, I could tell what he was about to do, he leaned in but I backed away a little. He looked at me with a regretful look on his face, "I'm sorry" he said "no, no, I'm sorry, I'm just not wanting to get into a relationship right away after the whole trigon thing" he looked kind of sad but he didn't say anything.

We walked back to the main living room to see Dick and Rachel standing at the big window, and Gar was walking towards them about the same time we were. Dick looked back at us as we walked closer to the window beside Rachel "what is this place?" Rachel asked Dick, "home," he said. Then we all looked out the window overlooking the big city. "I get the big room" Jason half asked, "keep dreaming" Rachel replied. 

~ I laughed when writing the part about the snaks~