T W E N T Y N I N E

T W E N T Y   N I N E

Niall and I rushed to get to the Academy and the first thing I did was run to Harry's classroom to see if he was still teaching.

Niall and I were panting breathlessly for all the running when we reached the entrance of the classroom.
I looked through the glass door and I saw the entire class doing a jumping exercise.
I'm glad I missed it.

Some of my classmates turned to look at me, but all I could do was search for Harry around the students. I saw Zayn in a corner and he made eye contact with me, He made a sign to his left and Harry showed up from behind Maya.

Suddenly the music of the exercise stopped and Harry looked at my direction.
I let out a breath I didn't know I was containing.
Good. He wasn't fired yet. He was still here.

Harry looked at me worriedly and began to walk towards the door. I shook my head, telling him 'no' and quickly grabbed Niall's arm, starting running to Claudia's office and leaving a frowning Harry inside his classroom.

I'll text him later.

I knocked on Claudia's door and seconds later, she let us in.

"What are you guys doing here? I told you Louis, you need rest."

"What I need is for you to tell me what you know."

"What?"

"Auntie, Niall told me you know who my boyfriend is."

"I thought you didn't have one. Who is your boyfriend, honey?"

"Mum, I told him." - Niall interrupted. - "Please let's just all talk about this in good terms."

She looked angrily at him and then turned to me.

"What are you planning to do with us?" - I asked, sharply.

"Louis, you are having an affair with a teacher. That's not acceptable."

"It's not an affair, he is my boyfriend." - I tried to explain as calm as my temper allowed me.

"Either way it's not acceptable for this institution."

"So? Are you going to fire him?"

"No, I can't do that. There's only three months until the end of the year, he needs to end it. Besides he is still the director of the ballet, and the opening night is only weeks ahead. I can't fire him now."

I sighed in relief.

"So you're not going to tell anyone about this? Can we end the year? After my graduation this is not going to be a problem anymore." - I smiled hopefully.

"Louis, honey. I have to do something about it. I can't keep your secret and play along with it."

"I don't understand."

"I'm not going to fire him, but you're expelled."

"What?!"

"Harry is our best teacher, I can't let him go. Of course I will not say a word about this so he doesn't get a bad reputation. But I can't have both of you in the same class or even in the same building."

"Why? You said it yourself it's only three more months. No one is going to find out!"

"I have had complaints about how he treats you, and suspicions about you two being together and you having benefits because of it, I can't risk it anymore."

"That's not true! I gave up being the damn Nutcracker just to keep a low profile and that people don't think I'm his favorite or something! I'm not receiving a different treatment than the rest of the students!"

"That isn't what they said."

"Who was it? Who told you?!"

"I won't reveal it. The person asked to remain anonymous."

"This isn't the fucking police or whatever! Tell me who the hell said that to you!"

"It doesn't matter Louis! Because they were true."

"So?"

"I can't stay still and do nothing."

"And you're kicking me out?" - I said, containing my tears.

"Yes. You're no longer a student here, I'd like you to leave my office."

"Mum. He didn't do anything wrong." - Niall said.

"Didn't he?"

"He is just in love. You should have seen them together. Harry loves him, you should be happy for them."

"But it's not right. I can't allow that relationship under the roof of this institution."

"He is your nephew!" - Niall shouted, pointing at me.

"And I'm the head of this Academy. I can't let this slip. I'm sorry Louis, it's my job."

Niall was about to shout something else to her when I stopped him.

"It's okay, Ni. I'll just leave."

"You're no longer living in the dorms either. You should go pack." - She added.

I looked at her and finally the tears started running down my cheeks.

"Sure, ma'am."

~~~

I didn't want to tell Emily the news yet, neither did I want to tell Harry.

I went back to the dorm with Niall and packed a few things in between cries, he gave me support and offered to stay in his room like the old times, but I just didn't feel like sharing a house with Claudia right now.
He wasn't my favorite person at all.

And on the other hand, I couldn't ask Harry to stay with him either, it would be too rushed for us, we weren't on that stage yet. So I was pretty much homeless now.

I also couldn't leave this place, this place that had been my home for the past three years, the place that gave me life and joy, and that gave me everything I know and everything I am.
I just couldn't leave it behind. I couldn't even end my career, only three months left to make it, but no. Everything had to go down.

I felt like I had nothing left. No school, no place to live, no ballet company, no contracts for the future.
I realized I had to also leave The Nutcracker because it is held under this Academy. Because it's held under Claudia's administration.

I needed time for myself, to think, to say goodbye.
So I left Niall inside my recently ex dorm and I headed to the rooftop.
I lit a cigarette and started crying again.