Chapter 2 - The Human & Mates

Toothless POV

I stood behind the human on a rock as he looked around for me. Once he saw me I slowly crept closer to him since had a fish and it's been a while since I have eaten something. He held out the fish and I was about to reach for it until I smelled metal.

I growled and backed up a little as he took the knife out and dropped it on the ground. "Throw it in the water." I motioned my head as he kicked it in the water. I sat dog while looking at him once I knew he was no longer a threat. He held the fish out again and I slowly opened my mouth. "Huh, toothless. I could have swore you guys had-" I cut him off went I retracted my teeth and grabbed the fish from his hand, eating it. "Teeth." He said and I went closer to him to see if he had more.

"Uh no, no. I don't have anymore!" He said. 'Oh...well.' I puked half of the fish on his lap for him to eat and I sat on the ground like him. He seemed to get the memo and took a bite of the fish, swallowing it. He then started doing this thing with his mouth and I was curious so I tried doing it also. He reached his hand out to try and touch me, but I growled at his hand and tried to fly away again.

Then I caught a familiar scent of the female night fury. She seemed to be hiding in a tree near the cove. She didn't look like a normal night fury though. Her paws were white and some of the ear-like appendages were also white. Her tail fins also had some sort of white pattern on them. I just thought maybe she was born differently than other night furies. Her eyes are what really drew me in though. They were slightly pale, indicating that she was blind, but they sparkled when the light had hit them.

~Moments later~

She-Fury's POV

I was hanging by my tail on a tree branch while waiting for the human to leave. I had taken a small nap and as soon as I woke up the scent of that male human was old so he had pretty much left. I glided down near the male night fury and walked up behind him. "You ok?" I asked and lied down near him. "Yeah, sort of. For some reason I let that human touch me." 'He let the human touch him?' I was shocked to hear that, but I didn't want to pressure him with questions so I let it go.

"Well, I don't know why you would let him do that. Don't you know what Vikings have done to our kind? They killed us to the point of extinction." I said, laying my head on my front paws. I heard him burn the ground around him and lay down beside me.

"I don't know either. Though it felt nice for a second." He said before I heard soft snoring. 'Hmmm... felt nice, huh?' I thought before I drifted off to sleep.

~The next morning~

I had to go back to the nest, but I didn't want to leave. I stretched my body and walked towards the pond to get a drink of water. I heard footsteps coming from behind followed by the lapping of water. "So...how'd you sleep?" I asked, trying to break to silence.

"Fine. Do you have to go back to the nest?" I stopped drinking. "I guess it can't be helped..."

Suddenly I caught the scent of the same human from last time, I practically had his scent engraved into my head. "I have to go." I said before taking off. I heard him call after me, but I didn't look back. I was extremely afraid of humans and have never once trusted any of them.

I had made my way back to the nest while holding a dead sheep in my paws. Right as I dropped the sheep I heard the Red Death let out a loud roar. I stopped moving, hovering over the hole. "Stop right there! I have another job for you." She said. I slowly turned around and asked her what other (horrible) job she was going to make me do.

"I want you to become mates with the male night fury."

.

.

.

.

.

.

'Wait what...?'

"Pardon me, your majesty...may I ask why?"

"Night furies are considered the fastest species of dragons ever known. If you were to become mates, you could have more night furies running around. You would be saving the population of night furies (and doing me a favour)." 'I guess we would be saving the population.....what am I thinking?! Why would he like a cripple like me?....oh wait, he can't fly.'

I flew back to where he was and landed somewhat far behind him. "Hey your back!" He seemed more happy now. That sort of made me cheer up a bit, but I still felt a little sick to my stomach. "Yeah, though I have some new orders from the Red Death." I said with my head tilting down. "What is it?"

I took a deep breath in before saying, "Shewantsustobeconematessothatwecouldhavemorenightfuries." I said really fast and I'm pretty sure he didn't understand anything, but I felt so embarrassed. My head was on the ground with my paws covering my face. "Wait wait. Hold on, explain that again a little slower." He said, but I just shook my head "no" since it was already embarrassing enough.

He wasn't going to take no as an answer.